Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

93 today.

@Diana_CT - Came across this interesting article about Cape Cod...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/cape-cod-s-new-normal-sharks-are-everywhere/ar-AAFWfzQ?li=BBnb4R5

One similar article my daughter came across was headlined "Sharks bully swimmers out of the water".  Her comment was the headline should have read, "Native shark species reclaim territory".

Saturday was a fun day.  My friend, Simon, and I rode up to Volcano.  We have an unspoken rivalry being close in age.  He won the last downhill race we had in the last instant.  I relaxed just a little at the end and he snatched it.

It is 29 miles to the park sign.  All uphill from sea level to just under 4,000'.  It was a hot muggy day.  The group riders were done by 8:30.  Simon proposed to me to go to Volcano and I was crazy enough to agree.  We rode together to mile 20 and then stopped at the store for a rest.  The next 6 miles are the steepest and, for me, the toughest.  The climb is about 1500'  in those 6 miles.  The sun just beats down on you and maybe the air getting thinner plays a role too.  I have brought sealed empty drink bottles down and they are smooshed when they get to sea level.  I find my best strategy is to just power through it no matter how bad it gets.  Resting halfway doesn't help much.  I just powered my way up and I was a good 10 minutes ahead of Simon at the top.

adiantum
3 hours ago, meyery2k said:

"Native shark species reclaim territory"

What a great headline that would read. 

Drones play a good role in shark watching here.

Were still in the whale migrating season where theyre heading back to Antarctica waters with their new calves.

The magnificence of such a sight stays with ones treasured memories forever.

7.5 fbg for me

janice21475

Dear FunDad, Sympathies to your family. That expression, 'His suffering is over,' is my comfort when I think of my husband. I hope it brings you as much comfort as it does for my part. Much love to your Mother.

meyery2k

@FunDad62 - I am sorry, my friend...

96 today.

Lee - When I was in 6th grade. I had the good luck to have Mr. Pentis for a teacher.  He would offer whale watching educational tours in the winter when the California Gray Whale would migrate to winter over in the lagoons of Baja California.  My friend and I earned a trip by handing out promotional fliers through the neighborhood.  He was also big into vernal pools and taught us about the interesting flora and fauna in our area.  He was definitely an unconventional teacher that could get through to some of us.

https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb3824133b/_1.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_whale

Hammer
2 hours ago, ran23 said:

101 this morning, then a 120 after an neighborhood walk??

Yes, exercise can increase your BG levels.  The reason for this is because, when exercising, your muscles require glucose for energy, so your liver releases more glucose to supply your muscles with additional glucose, to allow you to continue to exercise.

adiantum

7 for me while remembering the crushing time when my dad died so many years ago.

My condolences to you & your family FunDad. 

Mike you had a wonderful teacher even if his name created many giggles.

The two uppermost memories I have of 6th grade was that it was the last year girls were allowed to be caned & I was caned a lot .

The best memory was of an Italian boy coming to school when Australia welcomed immigration after WW11.

Dominic & his family spoke no English , so the school had to learn a little Italian to make him feel welcome.

That was a nice gesture for those difficult times.

Diana_CT
On 8/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, meyery2k said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/cape-cod-s-new-normal-sharks-are-everywhere/ar-AAFWfzQ?li=BBnb4R5

One similar article my daughter came across was headlined "Sharks bully swimmers out of the water".  Her comment was the headline should have read, "Native shark species reclaim territory".

A swimmer was killed on the ocean side last year about a mile from my cottage.

Hammer
On 8/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, meyery2k said:

93 today.

It always amuses me when I hear researchers say that most shark attacks occur in shallow water.  Like Bill Burr says...."I guess they do!  That's where the people are!"😄

Diana_CT

@FunDad62 I am sorry to hear about your father, my condolences to you and your family

This morning's reading was 138... peaches.

Edited by Diana_CT