Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Hammer

A 66 (3.66) today.

I had to go up to my radio club's repeater site, and spray the weeds along the driveway with Roundup, like I do every year.  It's a long and steep driveway, so I take my 4 gallon backpack sprayer filled with Roundup, as well as 4 containers, each 1.3 gallons, of additional Roundup.  It's getting to the point to where this job is really becoming harder and harder for me to do, due to my bad back.  I have been looking at battery powered sprayers that are on wheels, and I think that I might get one.  The problem is the steepness (is that a word?) of the driveway.  The driveway is about 3 blocks long, and the amount of slope is so steep, that I have never met anyone yet who can walk from the bottom of the driveway, to the top of the driveway, without having to stop one or more times to catch their breath before getting to the top of the driveway.  When you're carrying a 4 gallon backpack up that driveway, you need to stop many times. (I bring along 2 of those orange colored, 5 gallon buckets that Home Depot sells, and I have a lid on one of them.  One is placed inside the other, and I use them as a seat.)

I am always more than happy to spray the weeds, but I need to find a way to make it easier on me, hence the battery powered sprayer on wheels.  The model that I have been looking at should easily fit in my Dodge Durango SUV, so I think I'll get that one, but since I just sprayed today, I won't need to spray again until next year, so I'll wait till next year to order the sprayer.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 138

Salt Pond, Cape Cod National Seashore, Eastham, MA
This is a HDR photo made up of 5 photos (EV +2, +1, 0, -1 -2)
DSC_3932_3_4_5_6_7_Natural-2.jpg

The line on the lower right are oyster cages where they are farming oysters.

meyery2k

I forgot to share this photo from yesterday.  This is the road that leads to a spring that supplies much of the water for my community.

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

Hammer

A 67 (3.71) today.

Diana, I played around with HDR some years ago, but I never had much success with it, since the scenic views that I tried to photograph, had the wind blowing the trees, so that always blurred everything.  Add to the fact, that back then, the HDR software wasn't as good as it is now, so I'm wondering, what HDR software did you use for that picture?

adiantum

7.4.. I had forgotten to post.

Thats what I get for sitting up all night to watch cricket.

Interesting photo Mike. Roundup's  been there : ( 

Lovely ferns . How great to have Spring water & not have to buy it bottled.

Coca Cola bought the srings near me at Freemans Waterhole .

Clever photo Diana.

adiantum

That shouldve read Peats Ridge.. Ive no idea why Freemans Waterhole came to mind.

1 hour ago, adiantum said:

Coca Cola bought the srings near me at Freemans Waterhole

Diana_CT
12 hours ago, Hammer said:

A 67 (3.71) today.

Diana, I played around with HDR some years ago, but I never had much success with it, since the scenic views that I tried to photograph, had the wind blowing the trees, so that always blurred everything.  Add to the fact, that back then, the HDR software wasn't as good as it is now, so I'm wondering, what HDR software did you use for that picture?

DSC_2190817+%2528109%2529_10%2529_11%252

I just bought a new program called Photomatix Pro 6.1 that does HDR.
It can do HDR photos with multiples images (I used 3 photos for this one; EV -1.3, 0, +1.3) and it has a number of ways to merge photos and what I liked most about the program is you can adjust the weigh of the individual photos. In this photo I chose to strengthen the photo layer with the EV -1.3 photo. You can see a little ghosting around shore from the waves.
I then adjust the HDR photo using Lightroom 6 (Photomatix has a plug-in for Lightroom)

P.S. My Nikon D5300 will do automatic bracketing of 3 exposures.

P.P.S A good website for determining sun angles is Photo Ephemeris

This morning's reading was 125.

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

Back from 5 day trip - 138 this morning, not bad considering all kinds of foods consumed on the road. It's nice to be back :)  🏡

meyery2k

88.  The State and County will spray Roundup along the roads in an effort to control vegetation.  If you put a sign out saying, "No Spray" then your parcel is skipped over.

Hammer

A 52 (2.88) today.

Diana, that's the HDR program that I used a number of years ago, but I don't remember which version it was.  When I tried making an HDR photograph, I also bracketed 3 photos.  My problem is that I am not a good photographer.  I don't know what will make a good scene, I just take pictures and hope they turn out okay.  I just don't have an eye for photography, so instead, I just work with pictures, trying to make them better, like if someone has an old picture that is faded and needs some work, I'll scan it into my computer, and see if I can improve on it.

adiantum

These high numbers must be playing with my brain.

Reading my earlier post claiming coca cola bought the local springs , I not only gave the wrong town but left the "p" out of spring.

I guess it can be said there is no p in bottled water.

17 hours ago, adiantum said:

Coca Cola bought the srings near me at Freemans Waterhole .

meyery2k
29 minutes ago, adiantum said:

I guess it can be said there is no p in bottled water.

One would hope that is true literally and figuratively...

FunDad62

I hate to say it but it feels like a weight off my shoulders now with dad gone and no longer worrying about him and mom and going up there so much and what will happen if there's another hurricane and we have to evacuate them blah blah blah blah.  Speaking of that...here she comes.  Doesn't look too threatening so far.

image.png.129c1db7289113eeda59825eaed29e07.png