Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

LCD
23 hours ago, Ahnanimus said:

A surprising 90.

I ate a bit of everything yesterday. Most were very carb friendly had them anyway along with a couple of beers.

Back to my regimen today.

Must of been the beers:beer:

ran23

101 this morning.   groceries, lunch wine, then 116.    guess that  shows what 1.5 glasses of red wine can do.   eating now.  

adiantum

FunDad, is it too late to buy a small portable cooker?

Years ago , I survived  4 days in Winter without coffee & I was not a happy camper.

Family bought me a cooker & gas cartridges the following xmas to always be prepared for such emergencies.

I often use it to cook smelly fish outside. Theye were on half price special recently  $15 so I bought  one for the car.

A girl just might need  coffee one day when exploring the forest.

5096200.jpg.ff36d0f708cae3809022969e194f08a9.jpg

Kit

*sigh*

Maybe it was the strawberries. They were so perfectly ripe and delicious. 

adiantum

Yesterday was great..a picnic breakfast in the park watching the swans in the lake.

The lake was so calm it mirror imaged the swans & boats. Sadly I'd left the camera in the car.

Our swans are stunning with black bodies & red beaks. Under the wings is white but you only get to see that when theyre in flight.

Poor ran.. rice noodles just dont like us.

Kit

89 here after a lovely sleep in.  This week is going way too fast for my liking.

Hammer

A 102 (5.67) today.  I'm having trouble getting my insulin dose correct, since I've altered my diet somewhat, hence the higher wake up BG readings.  My doctor told me that I wasn't eating enough, and that might be why I had that unexpected weight gain.  I've been eating the same exact foods for over 10 years, and only recently, had an issue with weight gain, which is why I was hesitant to alter my diet.

It's too early to make any judgement, but eating a lot more food, which also means, a lot more carbs than I usually eat, it seems as if my weight is very slowly dropping, but it's too early to be sure.  I figure, I'll have a better idea if altering my diet has allowed me to lose weight, when I see my doctor next, which will be in about 6 weeks.

ran23
On 9/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, ran23 said:

9.0 after real rice noodles/Pho.   

then 4 hours later.  5.1, guess I am still in reasonable shape. 

adiantum

6.8 & on a stressed morning.

No coffee yet  but if I was wise I'd have a whisky instead.

If I have an intense dislike of someone, I tell them & ignore them from that day on.

My friend in the park  doesnt do it that way...and I was in the middle of a slanging match  between her & another dog walker.

I think his name must be "slime bag" as thats what she frequently called him .

What shocked me most was that Ive always considered her a sophisticated & articulated woman.

I wasnt close enough to hear what slime bag called her but I dont think it was nice.

I am so proud of me for not getting involved.