Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Diana_CT

That's the lowest reading that I had in a long time. 

I am heading up to the cottage on Cape Cod this morning to be at the cottage when hurricane Dorian passes by Friday night,  Saturday morning. It is supposed to be a catagory 1 or tropical storm and the Cape is supposed to get 40 - 50 mph winds (64 - 80 kph) with several inches of rain. I don't expect any damage except for tree limbs coming down and power outages.

I'm bringing water (I have well water there), flashlights, battery powered radio, and a gas camp stove but I don't think I will need them, it shouldn't be any worse than a thunderstorm.

Last night I had a tornado warning where I live, we had a line of storms pass by at sunset. A little worried when they issued the warning and the warning box included my town, radar showed rotation in the clouds. 

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

151 this morning, fell in the pit of other people food (lasagna and pretty good one too).

@adiantum - I agree, there is no merit in fighting with someone like that. "Stay calm and walk the dog" is my favorite motto 👑

@Diana_CT - hope all goes well and your home is not damaged, stay safe!

adiantum

It will be interesting if Mr Bag will be in the park this morning. :rofl: 

Their issue wasnt dog nor park related so no need for me to get involved.

Spring is here & we are on a total fire ban starting today.

sprinklers have been banned for a couple of years with hand held hoses permitted in this region.

Today is to be 90F so if you see a flash of light, it will be me wearing shorts for the first of the season.

Hoping Dorian avoids you Diana & FunDad.

Diana I am impressed with your emergency kit and plans, we really should all have one.

You have inspired me to start a kit for the car..including  toilet tissue, coffee & lots of dog food.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

This morning's reading at 4:30 AM was 115.

The calm before the storm...

DSC_4097_8_9_Realistic-2.jpg

Last's night sunset from Wellfleet MA harbor.

The feeder bands from Dorian 

The forecast doesn't look that bad for the next two days,

TONIGHT
FRI 09/06
LOW 61 F100% Precip. / 2.18 in
Tropical storm conditions likely. Windy with rain likely. Low 61F. Winds ENE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 2 to 3 inches of rain expected.

TOMORROW
SAT 09/07
HIGH 64  | 59 F
100% Precip. / 0.42 in
Tropical storm conditions likely. Windy. A steady rain in the morning, with showers continuing in the afternoon. High 64F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%.

FunDad62

Dorian was a dud for me here.  Barely got a few gusts and a little rain.  All that panic for nothing.

Edited by FunDad62

adiantum

Wow Diana... that is stunning, even the lake looks like liquid gold.

FunDad, at least you were prepared should Dorian treat you like the Bahamas.

Diana_CT
8 hours ago, adiantum said:

Wow Diana... that is stunning, even the lake looks like liquid gold.

It is actually Wellfleet Harbor on the bay side of the Cape.

I googled the harbor and came up with these sites.

The National Park Service has this about the erosion of the dunes making up the harbor. (much of Wellfleet is part of the Cape Cod National Seashore)

History of Wellfleet.

And the pirate ship Whydah (there is a subscription box but you can read through it)  went down off of Wellfleet as he was returning to his girl friend in Wellfleet

Diana_CT

On this rainy morning my reading was 121

It has been raining for over 10 hours, the barometer is rising, we had about 3/4 inch (2 cm) of rain so far, and wind is around 10 mph (16 kph) with gusts to 37 mph (60 kph). Nothing worse than a run of the mill Nor'easter

Dorian is on it's way to Nova Scotia where it is expected to gain strength and become a cat 1 hurricane again.

Edited by Diana_CT

FunDad62

@adiantum  Yes you are correct.  Poor ol' Bahamas are a sitting duck for hurricanes.  And not only was it a Cat 5 but once it got there it just sat on them.