Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

Great references Diana. I'd love to visit that Wydah museum.

Change of seasons can be quite unstable.

Today is chilly & windy which is when I like to watch the moored boats swing around by the changing wind .

Some days its like watching a Mexican Wave or nautical ballet thats been choreographed.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 113 at 7:30 AM but when I first took a reading at 4 AM it was 159, I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Yesterday the rain stopped a little before noon but the wind was blowing until late in the afternoon and I drove up to Provincetown around 2 to visit the National Seashore. I was surprised that they were collecting admission after Labor Day and while the hurricane winds were still blowing. The park ranger at Herring Cove was apologetic about collecting admission and when I held up my senior National Park pass she just waved me through. So I wasn't surprised when at Race Point they were collecting admission and when I held up my park pass she took it from me and demanded to see my driver license with a very sour looking face. In the two years I have been going to the Cape Cod National Seashore that was the first time I was asked for my license, I guess I should be flattered that she didn't think I was old enough for a senior pass.

This is a video that I recorded... it is a little amateurish, the dead cat hairs were getting in the way, and someone who will remain anonymous forgot to turn on the mic in the last clip.

In the first part at Herring Cove that thing sticking out of the water is a rib from a wooden whaling ship that sank there in the late 1800s. Last year a storm uncovered the ship but it is slowly being once again covered by the sand.

adiantum

6.3 at 3am .................I had to get up to watch the last few overs of an awesome cricket match " The Ashes".

Diana, that video was great & I wish I could give ten likes for it.

It was like being there without having the wind blown sand pitting my face.

Yay for you having to prove your DOB to gain entry. Ive not known of  beach access to have an admission fee.

Kit

98 here

Vacation is over  :(

We had an amazing thunder and lightning storm saturday night.  Given that lightning is really rare in this area, it was quite unexpected.  I've missed this type of stuff since I moved here.  I used to love those summer thunder storms when I was a kid.  Mr Fuzzy, on the other hand, is not a fan  :D

adiantum

emails that pull on heart strings give me a negative start to the day.

Now I feel really bad that I cant donate to save this seasons baby birds survive nor can I donate to save forests in another region.

Why cant our politicians realize & care that  de forestation is devastating to our flora & fauna .

Diana_CT

Bad day yesterday,  Sunday I was doing my bills when the pen rolled off the table, it was just out of reach and I stretched to get it  pulling a back muscle. This spring I went to lift something and it was heavier than I thought and I sprained my back. It was slowly getting better until Sunday, now it is back to square one.

FunDad62

Y'all see on the news about that ship that rolled over and the 4 men that were trapped and later rescued?  That's where I grew up and my mom lives.  I fished off that pier all summer many summers growing up.  Even jumped off of it a few times being reckless in my youth.  I'm gonna drive up there Saturday to take a look at it.

Hammer

Another 82 (4.56) today.  I just came in from trimming the bushes in front of my house (all 8 of them), and my back is killing me.  I wanted to get this done before tomorrow, because I see my Chiropractor tomorrow, and I didn't want to try and trim the bushes after I saw him, otherwise, what ever he would do to fix my back would be undone if I went and trimmed the bushes after I saw him.

adiantum

8... that'd be the chocolate I ate.

I was in the park chasing a ball early this morning. 

sometimes I wonder if I shouldnt throw it so far, but the dog loves to run to it & sit waiting for me to pick it up.. to throw it again.

If he sees other dogs in the park, he will pee on his ball. I guess thats like writing your name on your property.

FunDad, that ships been on our news & what a great rescue operation of the crew.

Edited by adiantum