Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit

I suspect the wine from last night.

Met family for dinner last night.  Supposedly a nice place, and the prices reflected that, but they did not offer a single non starch vegetable.  I managed to get some shredded cabbage that I added malt vinegar to for some flavor.  Couldn't even give me a little thing of olive oil.

And, to add to the fun, since my change was not "on the menu" we got to pay $38 for a small piece of grilled cod and an additional $10 for a cup of shredded cabbage.  The cod was the only possible protein option available as well.

Edited by Kit

meyery2k

I just got off the phone with Gail this morning.  She has made an appointment to see the doctor and is going to work on managing diabetes.  I am so happy to hear this!

Kit
36 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

I just got off the phone with Gail this morning.  She has made an appointment to see the doctor and is going to work on managing diabetes.  I am so happy to hear this!

You've been a great example Mike.  :)

adiantum

Mike, it's even sweeter when you can inspire those that are important to you.

Yay for Gail.

Saturday & Spring has brought all the fitness people out. A fun run of at least 1,000  runners  lined the beach road although 2 didnt look as if they had fun. One man looked ill as he clung to the guard rail. Further down a woman  hobbled along in her socks while carrying her shoes.

Then in the park I had to try hard not to throw the ball across the path the cyclist were using.

Diana_CT

Ah fall!

Wednesday the temperature was 85 (30C) yesterday 65 (18C) and last night it was down in the low 40s (4C).

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr
20 hours ago, Kit said:

And, to add to the fun, since my change was not "on the menu" we got to pay $38 for a small piece of grilled cod and an additional $10 for a cup of shredded cabbage.  The cod was the only possible protein option available as well.

No good option in the restaurant happens all the time and I find it hard to be a diabetic when I travel, although prices are outrageous in your restaurant!!!

I am hoping keto diet fanciers will improve options a little.

124 today. Had fender-bender last saturday, no one got hurt however woke up with back pain again. Just like Diana I was happy my back pain went away over the weeks, and fender bender literally shaken my sack of bones... took 6 days to get over it.

FunDad62

Diana:  I would be very appreciative if you could send some of that cooler weather down my way.  We won't see the 40's until at least November.

Diana_CT
33 minutes ago, FunDad62 said:

Diana:  I would be very appreciative if you could send some of that cooler weather down my way.  We won't see the 40's until at least November.

I will get out my sharpie and draw the cold front moving down farther south. 

The cold front is moving back north and tomorrow and Monday it is supposed to be in mid 80s again 

meyery2k
24 minutes ago, Diana_CT said:

The cold front is moving back north and tomorrow and Monday it is supposed to be in mid 80s again 

While you have the sharpie out, could you modify our dew point from 75 to 57 degrees?

Kit

105 for no good reason other than my body hates me and blood draw is Monday morning.

Hammer
5 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

I will get out my sharpie and draw the cold front moving down farther south. 

Diana, don't do that!  That's what got President Trump in trouble!😄

An 84 (4.67) for me today.

meyery2k

Another interesting pic.  A bicycle built for two.  

Friday the 13th was a rather lucky day.  I had the day off.  Had a nice ride.  Found a 10mm ratcheting box end wrench.  Went to the dermatologist and confirmed the spot on my scalp was a basal cell carcinoma (the lucky part is that it was not melanoma) which will be easily treated with Mohs surgery.  

On today's ride unfortunately, a rider had his bike skid out from under him and he broke his clavicle.

69940754_10211595466841930_8395945315970056192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQk10PNewDQzsdJOIj_rFEOKlqBzKr2Njl_Sud6TzzWQl0u0wvO3pzc-oSU81Ea9lFCQusaRP8F7kbzOMEXGeb3K&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=3f06bbb6e114d3941a18a0c4c6d1ee57&oe=5DEF6CEE

adiantum

The change of season also requires a change of bedclothes , but I was too quick in packing away the winter weight doona/duvet.

At 2am Friday night  I was too cold to sleep & too tired to unpack the doona, so put on a track pants & sloppy joe / sweatshirt & socks.

The Winter doona was unpacked for last night & that provided a perfect sleep.

I often see a bicycle built for two here which gets me singing that old song Daisy.

IrinaHarr
11 hours ago, adiantum said:

so put on a track pants & sloppy joe / sweatshirt & socks.

What's "sloppy joe" precious?

126 today