Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Kit

Sesame Ginger Slaw

Kit

So I ran by PCC Market yesterday (very similar to Whole Paycheck Foods) and noticed that they had more flavors of the Primal Kitchen salad dressings than I have seen in other stores.  Specifically the one I've been wanting to try:  Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette.

OMG this stuff is so amazingly good.  I immediately thought it would make a great slaw dressing.  In fact, it took me about 30 seconds to find that recipe on their web site.

https://www.primalkitchen.com/blogs/news/sesame-ginger-slaw

I will skip the kimchi.  I admit, I keep trying but I have not been able to develop a taste for it.

Napa cabbage

red cabbage

1 yellow bell pepper julianne cut.

1 small carrot also cut julianne or spiralize (but do not leave it in long noodles)

green onions or whatever onion you think will look colorful and pretty with the rest.

Dress with the Sesame Ginger dressing and off you go.

It should be a beautiful explosion of color and taste.  :D

Its a little too cool now for me to crave salads, but I will be making this the moment the weather starts warming up.  I also need to come up with a copy cat recipe for the dressing (or something very close) because it should be easy to make my own.  I just need to figure out the proportions.

Avocado oil (or olive oil)

Vinegar

Sesame oil

ginger

salt

pepper

I might try adding some of the True Citrus Ginger Orange seasoning as well.  I just want a little bit of orange flavor in there I think.

It does contain a little honey (still only 1g carb per 2 Tbsp) but I should be able to replace that with a drop or two of Stevia.  I don't believe it can be much honey as the dressing does not taste sweet at all.

Anyway, here's to warmer weather and colorful salads.  :)

Edited by Kit

adiantum

Thanks Kit, this looks great and it is salad season here.

Its interesting how we have different names for foods.

I had to google napa cabbage. Its known here as Wombok or Chinese Cabbage