Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

jamesmatheson

please tell your doctor i should be allowed intravenous food

jamesmatheson

Hi everyone,

I am in a huge argument over if I should be allowed intravenous food that has one sugar level

They give intravenous food to anyone who cant open their jaw, it is widely used around the world

there is no law against intravenous food

there are people who lived for decades on intravenous food

that is my choice

If I want intravenous food that is my decision

everyone wont want to walk around like this

but if I want to then that is my choice,

look for yourself groups are telling people to use marijuana

I cant use marijuana nor should I be made to believe I should

if you want to smoke marijuana that is your choice
I want intravenous food
I cant trust the food on my shelf

that is my choice

it is not illegal,
it is not a drug
it is used by hundreds of million of people who cant open their jaw
it is world known

please speak out on my behalf
if you can please write the catholic doctors of Canada

you will be opening a lot of new advancements for society
not only for diabetes but for many other fields

I hope you will

I want intravenous food

that is my choice

Edited by jamesmatheson

meyery2k

It took me some time to dial in good eating habits after so many years of the standard American diet.  I am glad I stuck to it.  I am, right now, enjoying a steak, scallop, mushroom, bacon dish that I threw together.  Thickened with heavy whipping cream and butter.  Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, lemon juice, and a little worcestershire sauce.  Won't bother my BG one bit.  Much better than the stuff I could get frozen, from a can, or from fast food.

My daughter was going to get Panda Express for dinner until she saw what I made.

I don't like having diabetes but I must admit, I eat much better now than I ever did before.  Quantity and quality. 

dowling gram

I think you just want what you think is an easy way to control your diabetes but it doesn't exist. Have you thought of the downside of a feeding tube. They have to be changed every 4 to 6 weeks by a nurse or medical professional and x-rays have to be taken to ensure the tube is positioned correctly. That usually means a hospital visit. Have you ever had a tube shoved up your nose. I have to check for polyps in my throat. Believe me it is not a pleasant experience. I ended up with a nose bleed. I certainly wouldn't want this done all the time if it was unnecessary.

I enjoy the taste of food and can't imagine never eating it again. I make meals for a family and freeze the leftovers in individual meals and I use my crockpot a lot. If I have meals on hand when I don't feel like cooking I don't feel the need to visit a fast food outlet. I keep snacking items on hand and occasionally use Atkins shakes as a meal replacement.

Coravh

It won't help control your diabetes as you will still have peaks and valleys in blood sugars. But it could lead to infections and injuries as well as an awful lot of doctor's appointments. I had a PEG feeding tube and I've also had NG tubes and they become extremely uncomfortable with time. As I have experience, believe me that it's not a way you want to live even for a few weeks, much less the rest of your life.

TX_Clint

That is commonly called a G-tube and has nothing to do with intravenous therapy. IMHO G-tube feeding is a terrible choice for treating an easily managed condition of Diabetes. I can't see this as a logical life 'choice'. 

Besides, 'BACON'. 

OneEye

First thing I would do is have this jaw thing fixed or have a couple teeth pulled in front and go on a liquid/blender diet. I can't imagine what an IV diet would do to my digestive system.

Hammer

I don't think that jamesmatheson has a jaw problem, he just said that he's seen people who can't open their jaws use this method.  I doubt that any doctor would perform this procedure on a person that didn't have any problems opening their mouths, just because the person wanted to have that procedure done.  While I agree that it is your choice to have it done, it's the doctor's choice to not do it unless you have a good reason.  Is there a good reason why you want to have this done?