Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

ran23

Is anyone being logged out every day???

ran23

Every day I have to create a new p/w because it is not holding my password.   Hours later I come back and am logged out again.  p/w not saved.   Win10,  1 GB Modem,  max MB,  run all A/V on a daily basis.   I run Disc clean when I log out.  

OneEye
21 hours ago, ran23 said:

Every day I have to create a new p/w because it is not holding my password.   Hours later I come back and am logged out again.  p/w not saved.   Win10,  1 GB Modem,  max MB,  run all A/V on a daily basis.   I run Disc clean when I log out.  

Not familiar with Win10...but with Win7 there's what's called "active logins". There's a chance that your "disc clean" is logging you out and cleaning any traces of your password. What "disc clean" are you using? I use CCleaner and can regulate what passwords and cookies that I save.

You say, " Hours later I come back and am logged out again." I'm assuming that Win10 is doing this, not your browser nor this site. If it's logging you out while your browser is still open...then there might be some security feature in Win10 that logs you out after a certain amount of inactivity at this site.

Also...make sure you're not using the Microsoft feature under Profile/Settings.

ran23

Windows 10 disc clean, because I read a lot of text.    Thinking of a system restore soon.  It started a few days ago, and I think there was a Update then. 

OneEye
39 minutes ago, ran23 said:

Windows 10 disc clean, because I read a lot of text.    Thinking of a system restore soon. 

If you do an OS restore to a prior date...then if Windows is the culprit when it sees you're updates are not "up to date" it will just update you and you'll be back to where you started with this.

Try not using your Windows 10 disc clean today and see if that's the culprit.

Edited by OneEye
edited for speling

ran23

After a walk, I was logged out again.  Had to do a password reset.  Not sure this version of Lenovo Desktop  Ivy , is good for 1803, but M$ forced it on me one day.   How to go back one version??    Learning so much at 65 yrs.    

OneEye
33 minutes ago, ran23 said:

After a walk, I was logged out again.  Had to do a password reset.  Not sure this version of Lenovo Desktop  Ivy , is good for 1803, but M$ forced it on me one day.   How to go back one version??    Learning so much at 65 yrs.    

Yeah, finding a version of Windows7 10 years into its 10-year life cycle is gonna be pretty hard. By far the best way to buy Windows 7 (Professional) is to purchase it preinstalled on a new-to-you PC. You get a warranty and, more importantly, you get the OEM's assurance that the hardware and software were designed to work together. This option also spares you from the pain of Windows setup, especially the hassles of hunting down essential drivers and system-specific updates when you upgrade (or downgrade) a PC.

I use a Dell GX280 Optiplex that came out in 2005. Bought it refurbished off eBay for $140 in 2011 and it came with Win7 Pro. I've replaced the CPU fan 3 times. $9 for the fan...10 minutes to swap 'em out. In 2015 I bought a Dell Optiplex 760 as a backup...in case this one goes south. $120 off eBay. It came with Win7 Home Premium. Much prefer the Professional. With Professional you can make it function like WinXP.

Or, you can use your Win10 install disc and go back to square one and then turn off automatic updates...if you can do that with Win10, I don't know. If you do...I'd save all your bookmarks, passwords and email addresses to a flash drive to reinstall after the reinstall.

Or...you can take it to a computer shop and ask for HELP!

Edited by OneEye
edited for speling

ran23

I went from a Intel XP desktop to this refurbished   Win 7 business box and did the Win 10 download.    that's a big learning curve!  It can run two monitors just fine without a add-on Video card.  But I want one sometime.    All my other forums/Amazon, etc are holding passwords just fine.   This is the only problem.     Oh, last time I tried a 'system restore' it did a full  'system reload' and back to square one.     always fun.  

OneEye

Are you using the Windows 10 default browser...or a different browser? Also, if you downloaded Win10 onto a Win7 computer...you should be able to go back to Win7 on that computer.

1. Open Start Menu, and search and open Settings.
  2. In the Settings app, find and select Update & security.
  3. Select Recovery.
  4. Select Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1.
  5. Select Get started button, and it will revert your computer to an older version.
Edited by OneEye

ran23

Not ready to go back to Win 7.   Yes, default browser.    OK, I logged out and back in, still working.  So now I will do a Disc clean and see.  

Fraser

Pardon me as an outlier. I gave up on windows 6 years ago and switched to Mac.  Well Iam retired and it just works.  I no longer want to fiddle with programs if I don’t need to 

ran23

Well everyone.   It was an updated utility that caused this. The 'privacy portion' usually cleans up photos and text, it also wiped out the passwords.  Advanced system Care 12.1.   I may see if I have an early version to replace it with. That update was mid December, not sure why this problem started now.          Thank You for all your help everyone.   Now to walk and bring this BG 113 down a bit.   

ran23

I did a password reset and viewed the forum.   Minimized it and read other forums.  Came back to this and it was logged out.  Is that normal now??  It did save my p/w this time.   only utility was Disk Cleanup ran.  

adiantum

I have to log in each day. 

That'd be because I run CCleaner each night before I shut down.

I dont save passwords & pretend its my mental exercise by having to remember each password.

OneEye
28 minutes ago, adiantum said:

I have to log in each day. 

That'd be because I run CCleaner each night before I shut down.

I dont save passwords & pretend its my mental exercise by having to remember each password.

In CCleaner under Options/Cookies...if you save (Cookies To Keep) the Diabetesforums.com cookie...you won't have to do that.