Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
joseph Britz

Dawn P .. Morning bump

joseph Britz

Question , has anyone had the personal experience of having a morning sugar bump, A1c of 5.9  ...for their entire life. Everything else being well with in the normal range.   I guess what I'm asking can that 5.9 A1c be normal for given person.. ? I have been checking my sugar level for over 6 years , it won't budge. 110 to 130 every morning, every day no matter what I do.. Then for the rest of the day...well within the normal range.. It starts appx 3am working it's way up to the numbers I shared.. I would like to think this is the Norm , for me.. Is this possible  ?...  Thanks 

TX_Clint

It's so normal it has its own name. Dawn Phenomenon  or DP. My highest fasting bg reading of the day is at wake-up. It's been this way for over 20 years that I'm sure of. And it's normal for the wake-up blood sugar to be the highest fasting reading for even non-diabetics.

adiantum

Hello Joseph, Welcome to the forum.

That Dawn Phenomenon is  said to be  a burst of energy to allow us to get up and be active.

It's good that your testing and that your questioning.

Your A1c is on the  high side of normal  but within the pre D category .