Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

meyery2k

4 months in jail... Really?

meyery2k

I simply cannot come up with any commentary on this...

I am speechless at how needless and cruel this was...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-13-year-old-died-after-being-told-not-to-take-insulin-now-the-herbalist-is-headed-to-jail/ar-BBU5Zol?ocid=spartanntp

View full article

OneEye

"Lopez’s parents have not faced charges in connection with their son’s death."

I suggest that Mr. & Mrs. Lopez follow Bob Barker's advice and get spayed and neutered.

dowling gram

It seems to me that common sense was lacking in all concerned and that young boy paid the price. He is not the only one. Look at that couple who let their baby die while treating him with herbs. Some herbs are good but very few have been tested or have good evidence that they work for certain things. If you trust most you are buying a pig in a poke.

Having said that that man's practice should have been closed and he should have been banned from peddling his herbs instead of getting a slap on the wrist. The judge knew that the boy was not the only one when he refused that woman's testimony so her ruling was faulty too. All in all everyone concerned in this court case were idiots

OneEye

It's true that a majority of drugs are derived from nature. Even exogenous insulin is an organic analog. Aspirin is made from the bark of a Willow tree. That bark contains high levels of salicin, the glycoside of salicylic acid. But you can't go to a Willow tree...chew off some bark and expect it to do the same thing. 

Then again...I take pause watching these commercials on TV about the new drugs on the market. They show smiley faces of people having fun with complimentary music in the background...while an over voice  explains the "possible" side effects of the drug, mostly worse than the condition they're treating. :blush:

meyery2k
1 hour ago, OneEye said:

"Lopez’s parents have not faced charges in connection with their son’s death."

I suggest that Mr. & Mrs. Lopez follow Bob Barker's advice and get spayed and neutered.

I probably watch too much "Law and Order" but the parents should be charged with abuse through neglect if not outright negligent homicide.  I just imagine that guy getting increasingly ill when a simple dose of insulin would have done the trick.

OneEye
3 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

I probably watch too much "Law and Order" but the parents should be charged with abuse through neglect if not outright negligent homicide.  I just imagine that guy getting increasingly ill when a simple dose of insulin would have done the trick.

I think it all boiled down to salesmanship. The insulin was working until they were talked out of using it. A very bad decision on their part. Hard though...to prosecute bad parental decisions.

Kit

Whether or not the guy is a snake oil salesman or con artist, the parents are also responsible for the outcome as well. 

The article just makes me so angry on so many levels.