Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

dowling gram

Do you hate daylight saving time

dowling gram

Twice a year we must adjust our inner clocks because of some stupid rule who's existence is no longer valid and I hate it. Daylight savings time was introduced before most people had electricity to help farm families. The children would be out of school and able to help with chores before it got dark. That reason no longer exists so why ro we have to put up with this archaic rule. There are more car accidents when we fiddle with our clocks and more sleep deprived people. Politicians need to get on the ball and stop this practice

Edited by dowling gram

buddy7

Same here in the UK, clocks go forward by 1Hr summer time 31 March. If you ask me a total waste of time.

Fraser

As long as we all change our clocks and we understand what time it is,  I don’t really care one way or the other. 

Kit

Hate it.

Apparently Washington state is trying to pass a bill to end the changes.  Sadly they are wanting to go with Daylight Savings Time all year round and that requires federal approval.  I would personally prefer standard time year round, but at least dumping these time changes would help.

TX_Clint

Time change is totally stupid. Just pick a time and stick with it. Errr... what time is it anyway?

OneEye

I have to manually change two analog clocks and one digital...and then it takes me weeks to get used to the time change. I don't much care for it.