Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Hammer

My daughter's new twin babies....

Hammer

Here are a few pictures of my daughter's new twin baby girls.  The last picture is her little boy holding one of the babies. (I don't know which one, but I would think that it's Zoey, since she doesn't have a breathing tube attached.)  The first picture is of Zoey, and I think that the second picture is of Scarlett.  I think that the second picture is Scarlett, because she had trouble breathing, so she was sent to the NIC unit (neonatal intensive care unit) so that would explain the breathing tube she has on.  She is doing okay now.

IMG_3881a.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

Edited by Hammer

Hammer

My daughter won't be home from the hospital until Monday (she delivered by Cesarean section), and I would imagine that she would prefer to not have visitors at that time, so I won't drive up to see her until she feels better, and her and her husband are under control with the two new babies.  I can't imagine how much time and effort is going to go into taking care of their two new babies, along with their 5 year old boy, which is why I want to give them some time and space before I visit them.  I remember how overwhelmed my daughter was when she had her little boy, and I don't want to be a part of that circus of visitors that were the reason that she was overwhelmed.....I don't want to add to the confusion.

adiantum

Hammer they are gorgeous ..all 3 of your grandchildren.

Dont their births make you realise how amazing, yet vulnerable the birthing process really is.

Scarlet and Zoe  have entered a wonderful loving family unit.

buddy7

Congratulations Hammer to you and daughter for the new addition to the family. To your beautiful twin girls. Get ready for lots of laughter and noise, big hugs and so many joys. All the best for your new family!

Can only say, you must be a proud Grandpa.

dowling gram

Hammer--I imagine they could use some help and I think they'd welcome you if you offered. My son had twins and both him and his wife had very little sleep for 6 months and they didn't have another child to care for. Her mother stayed with them for a month or so but I would have offered if she hadn't. She cleaned and cooked and generally took care of the things needed to run a household and free up their time to take care of the babies. She also helped with feeding and diaper changing occasionally so the parents could get some sleep. The thing with twins is that they never do things at the same time so you are constantly changing or feeding. One had a problem feeding so that took a big chunk of time.

Comgrats grandpa--beautiful children. Twins are wonderful and the experience with them is so different than is is with single children.

Hammer

Dowling, I doubt that I'd be much help to them, I mean, I'm an old man with back problems, and arthritis everywhere, so there isn't much that I could physically do.....I feel that I would just be in the way.  On the other hand, my son-in-law is a bundle of energy, he never stops getting up and running around to do things.  If there is something that needs to be done in his house, he is happy to get up an do it. (I think he told me that he has ADD, so he has lots of energy to do things, and he especially loves to take care of his children, regardless of their age.  He also has a 14 year old daughter from a previous marriage that loves to help out with his 5 year old son, and now his twin daughters.  I gave my 2006 VW Beetle to my daughter to give to her when she turns 16, since that is the exact car that she wanted.) 

Don't get me wrong....if there was something that I could help with, I would, but seeing as to how badly my body has been physically performing lately, I don't think that there is anything that I could do that would be helpful.

Edited by Hammer

dowling gram

Hammer Of course there isn't much you can do if you're no physically able. I didn't know that. I also didn't know that they did have help in the guise of teenager that likes to help. Most teens couldn't be bothered so they should consider themselves lucky that they've got a gem. The only thing I knew is that it's a difficult job for the parents taking care of 2 babies and a household with no help.

Hammer
1 hour ago, dowling gram said:

Hammer Of course there isn't much you can do if you're no physically able. I didn't know that. I also didn't know that they did have help in the guise of teenager that likes to help. Most teens couldn't be bothered so they should consider themselves lucky that they've got a gem. The only thing I knew is that it's a difficult job for the parents taking care of 2 babies and a household with no help.

Dowling, my son-in-law's daughter, who is 14 years old, can't get enough of helping with her half brother (my grandson) and now, her new half sisters (my grand daughters).  With her half brother, she is constantly playing with him and is always wanting to be around him (maybe a mothering instinct?).  While she hasn't been around her new half sisters, as of yet, I know that she will be the same with them.  I'm guessing that it's a female thing, but watching how fast she matured when her half brother was born, is nothing short of amazing.  She just wants to be with him, play with him, and be a big part of his life.  Her dad, my son-in-law, and my daughter, want to have her move in with them because her mother is a total a**hole.  Her mother treats her like crap, and when the girl said that she wanted to move in with her dad and my daughter, her mother told her that, if she did that, that she would kill herself, and that scared the girl, so she didn't move in (who says that to their kid?).  The mother also said that if the girl moved in with her dad and my daughter, that she would hurt my daughter, which wouldn't happen, because if the mother tried to do that, well, let's just say that I am very protective of my daughter, and I have guns.  NO ONE THREATENS MY DAUGHTER! (it's a dad thing.)

Hopefully, it won't come to that, because I am a very easy going, peaceable person that hates violence, but if push comes to shove, I will do whatever it takes to protect my daughter and her family.....that's what dads do that love their family.☺️

To give you an idea of how crazy this woman is, when my daughter married my son-in-law, this moron demanded that my son-in-law (her ex-husband) sign a contract, stating that he would never have any kids with my daughter, because she didn't want him to have kids with another woman.....as if she had control over that.  Believe it or not, this crazy woman is a school teacher who has a classroom of kids....really?....and the school system put her in a classroom with kids?

I've only met this moron once.  I was at my daughter's house, and this idiot came to her house, opened the door, and walked in without knocking....as if she owned the place.  I was about to get up and confront her, but my daughter walked in and took control of the situation.  I guess that was a good thing because, I didn't know who she was, and I was half owner of that house, so I didn't take too kindly to some stranger, just walking into my house without knocking, especially when she acted like she owned the place.  My daughter said that this moron looks like Jabba The Hut, and if you've seen the Star Wars movies, you would know who that is.  When this idiot just walked into her house that day, I could see why my daughter said that because, this idiot actually looked like Jabba The Hut.😄

Hammer

Just to mention, my sister will be coming up here soon to help with the twins.  She said that she wanted to help with the twins so as to give my daughter and her husband a break.  My sister is really great with kids, and can't wait to get here to help with them.  She said that she'd stay as long as they needed her to, which is great, since it will give me more time to see her.(She lives in another state, and we rarely see each other.)

Hammer

I just came across this video that I found to be very cute.  It shows very young children reacting to a new born baby to their family.  It's amazing how these really young kids, take to their new born brother or sister!  Seeing my 5 year old grandson holding one of his new born sisters is what made me think of posting this video.

Edited by Hammer