Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

ran23

Bitter Melon supplements

ran23

Thought that I would try this, works.  Brings me down about 10 points. Not sure it is helping Blood pressure.  134/94 this morning.  bad. 

OneEye

Bitter Melon...of course. It seems to me that...anything that tastes terrible is good for a diabetic. I mean...you could probably chew on show leather and drop your blood glucose a few points. <_<

adiantum

Ran, Your great in determining  " this goes with that" in wardrobe  fashions.

It might help if you listed every supplement that your taking & perhaps someone might see what " this doesnt go with that".

You could be changing your body chemistry which is elevating your blood pressure.

ran23

well.  AM:  Lisinopril-HCTZ (BP), Beta-Glucan,  4000 D3, C, E, Sulforaphane, DIM, Multi-Vitamin, FOS (dairy),Pregnelone 50mg every other day,   Acidophilus.  PM:  Beta-Glucan, 4000 D3, low dose aspirin, FOS, COQ10,  trying Bitter Melon 600 mg.    during the day:  Progesterone creme,  Zinc with wine,  3 x CLA & 3 X GLA 2-3 times a day.  I have this printed out for my Doctor, yes, I do look at it like "why bother'.  Some of this is from my cholesterol days, now my Diabetes days and Cancer.   Here I am balancing out my hormones , where most guys would not believe they have hormones.   My Doctor is good about all of this. I started NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine) that is good for all kinds of things , just to find it affected my Thyroid (about 3 x normal). I just had to drop all supplements and test again.  65 now.  almost a good weight.    

adiantum

Ran, I didn't mean to post them here, I meant to list them for your doctor.

Sorry, after reading my post I realise I wasnt clear with my suggestion.

my bad :(

dowling gram

Ran-- This was on the news a while ago. The heart and stroke has reversed it's opinion on low dose aspirin after a couple of studies came out against everyone taking low dose aspirin. They now say not to take low dose aspirin unless you have had a heart attack. It does help to prevent a second heart attack but for people who have never had one it can cause more harm than good and they advise against use of every day low dose aspirin for these people.

I suggest you run through that list of what you take with your pharmacist. Some things could be counter productive. Too many people get a new med or suppliment and keep taking the old med too or they add a herbal remedy or supplement without checking if it reacts negatively with what you are already taking. I never take anything without a talk with my pharmacist. Doctors know about medical things but pharmacists specialize in medications

Edited by dowling gram

ran23

I have a good rapport  with my Doctor and Pharmacist, great ladies, also on my Christmas chocolate list.  Some of these supplements got me off my cholesterol med's after 5 years of wasted $.  She knows I trust some of these, more than drugs.   81 mg, yes, I have been reading up on that.  Now that I am on Medicare, it is nice that labs appear to be free now. 

Bitter Melon,  as a kid I ate that in a dish of beef, veggies over rice.   Never really got used to the taste, lucky  these are 600 mg supplements.