Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
OneEye

Entertainment, TV, Movies...

OneEye

Tired of searching for this subject to add to: With that said...

Not a 30-day trial kinda guy. I recognize the philosophy in that. I mean, I could have a wart on the end of my nose for 30 days and being as possessive as I know myself...argue with you why I'm keepin it!

The other night Bill Barr was on Jimmy Kimmel to promote his new stand-up special on Netflix. Bill Barr kills me. He's so tell-it-like-it-is...ya' can't help but like the guy! Anyway...I don't do Netflix. Comcast has me by the throat already; the last thing I need is another entertainment bill. I also don't have a smart TV so I'd have to watch Netflix on this 20-year-old Compaq computer monitor. I spend enough time in this uncomfortable chair as it is.

I go to Netflix to see if they have a promo'. Maybe a trial you can  beg out of before they drain your bank account. Lo and behold...they do. 30 days...cancel before 30 days...no charge. I doubt Bill Barr's special is coming free to Comedy Central anytime before I die...so I sign up. I search for the Bill Barr special, 'Paper Tiger'. Not only does 'Paper Tiger' come up in the search but 4 of his other specials I've never seen come up. 

Gonna be a funny weekend. Maybe I'll put a pillow on my chair...make it tolerable! :bandit:

Edited by OneEye
Edited fore speling

OneEye
5 minutes ago, Hammer said:

I also enjoy watching Bill Burr videos.  His "No Reason to Hit a Woman", and his "Helicopter Story", are two of my favorites.

Just watched the special that included "No Reason to Hit a Woman". I was married 4 times. Took me 4 times to figure out it wasn't them...it was me. Guess when it came to marriage I was a slow learner. Got some really great kids out of it though. Anyway...

The part where he says, "Look, is there any reason to hit a woman? Of course there is. Off the top of my head...I can think of at least 19 reasons right now. In fact...I could wake up from a passed-out drunk in the morning, not knowing where I am and think of at least 11 of them. Bottom line...you just don't."

And it's true. One of my wives used to taunt me with that. She'd get all up in my face, poking me in the chest just begging to be smacked. She knew I wouldn't hit her. Come to find out years later from one of her brothers that she was into that...gettin' smacked around then callin' the cops. What is it about some women...you put a ring on their finger and all of a sudden some "other" woman comes out? Wonder if they'll ever explain that on the Science channel's "How The Universe Works".

Hammer

I have watched a number of Youtube videos, that are all about that subject.  First, let me state that I would NEVER hit a woman, no matter what.  My generation was taught that you never hit a woman, and I agree with that.  The problem with that today, is that women want equal rights, so if a woman hits you, you have the right to hit her back, yet the young women today feel like they can hit you, and you can't hit them back because they are a woman.  The videos that I have seen, show a younger woman talking to a younger man, then the woman slaps the man, so the man slaps her back.  The young man ends up getting arrested for assaulting the woman, but the woman doesn't get charged with anything, even though the woman initiated the violence.

In one video, it involved college students that were in a fast food restaurant.  There was a small group of college women hanging out, and a football player walked in and started chatting with one of the college women (they apparently knew each other).  After a brief chat, the woman slapped the man, so the man slapped her back, knocking her to the floor.  The football player was suspended from college, and kicked off of the football team, but nothing happened to the woman who slapped the football player.  While I would never do that, what today's generation needs to know is that, if a woman hits a man, expect to be hit back.  No one should ever hit another person, regardless of gender, but if you hit someone, don't expect your gender to protect you from being hit back.

OneEye

To a point I'll agree. If someone smacks you, it would seem to me, they wanna fight. With the exception of your mother. If your mother slaps you...try and figure out what stupid thing you did to deserve that. :hmmmm:

EDIT: I remember in high school my mother trying to help me with my homework. I had, little known to me, ADD at the time and it was frustrating. I slammed the book closed and said, "F*** THIS!" Whereupon my mother slapped me saying, "I'm gonna have to talk to your father. You two have been hanging out together too much!"

Edited by OneEye

Hammer

I guess this would fit under this thread.  I was wondering if there should be an "interesting video" thread, but this one seemed to fit the bill.  I saw this some time ago, and I just ran across it again.  It would be nice if more people were able to do this for a total stranger.