Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Rad Warrier

A1 and A2 varieties of milk

Rad Warrier

I came to know of  the terms "A1" and "A2" milk from the discussions of Indian origin people settled in California.  I googled for more information.  Here is what I came up with:

1.   A1 vs. A2 Milk — Does It Matter?  https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/a1-vs-a2-milk

2.   Cows native to India produce A2 milk.  https://www.quora.com/Which-cows-produce-A2-milk-in-India

If it is true that cows native to India produce only A2 milk, I must have grown up consuming A2 milk.

And if it is true that A2 milk is superior to A1 milk, I must have grown up consuming the superior variety of milk.  image.gif.14a470dd765839e15a1ad551f33df264.gif .

Has anyone any experience of consuming milk marketed by the "A2" company in the US?

Regards,

Rad

adiantum

Australias highly respected scientist Dr Karl  explained the difference in these milks last year.

I didnt get deeply into the topic as I dont drink milk.

I have noticed theres a lot of not so subtle advertising for A2 on a reality  tv renovation show The Block.

From what I perceived is that the jury is still out on it as the studies were too limited.

" Dr Karl explains the difference between A1 and A2 milk   ..........................................

Gut discomfort?

Today, A2 milk is promoted as an alternative for people who experience gut discomfort after drinking milk.

But experts say studies are small, and need improvements.

Milk itself is a good all-round food.

It's an especially rich source of calcium that is very "bio-available", which means you can absorb lots of it easily.

So, if you want to pay more for your milk, as the old American saying goes, "It's your dime…""

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-06-19/dr-karl-a1-vs-a2-milk/9879800

dowling gram

Rad. According to what I've read India has as much diversity in their dairy cows as other countries. If you know differently then what I read is wrong. In Canada our milk comes from many different breeds of cattle and it's all mixed together packaged and sold as one product.

This is the first I've heard of this theory. If it's true it makes me wonder why the dairy industry hasn't capitalized on it. Anyway all milk is good and dairy is the best way of getting enough calcium to build strong bones and keep them that way