Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
ran23

Micardis

ran23

Looks like my Doctor would like to try Micardis for hyper tension.  anyone using this.  thanks all.

ran23

Well I started this today.  No side effects of what I was expecting after reading up on it.  125/85  1 1/2 hours later, seems ok.

ran23

seems my pulse is up there, 90 while watching TV, over 100 just because.   they are suggesting cutting this in half dose. 

ran23

The weekend emails to my Doctor were answered.   Maybe cut my dose in half.   By the late afternoon, I was busting 100 pulse again just sitting around eating yogurt.   just may tomorrow.   

ran23

Last couple days my Diastolic is over 90 and 154/104 today.   I have messages into my Doctor, if I do not hear back soon, will go back to Zestril in the morning.  After an afternoon walk, got to 131/86, but back to 119/93 hours later.    life over 65. 

ran23

146/101 in the Doctor's Office today.  Doubling the dose as a test for a few days.  Even tested my Omron Meter.  will see what doubling the diuretic does. 

dowling gram

Ran-- Did you know you can lower your blood pressure by meditating. I meditate for 10 minutes at last once a day--more often if I'm stressed or worried and my blood pressure is always lower than normal

I had an incident with my back a couple of weeks ago and was in severe pain and my legs were so wobbly I was afraid of falling. I called an ambulance to go to  emergency at the hospital. In the ambulance they took my blood pressure and it was 185/95. I lay there and relaxed as much as possible. I closed my eyes and started to breathe slowly, deeply and evenly. I emptied my mind and concentrated only on my breathing. My pain lessened a bit and my blood pressure slowly lowered. I live a half hour away from the hospital. They monitored my blood pressure all the way in and it slowly lowered during the drive but still remained higher than my usual BP reading.

I saw the doctor and she gave me x-rays then a diagnoses, pain meds and a prescription. They took My blood pressure again before I left and it was 120/65 Still a bit higher than normal but ok

My back is fine now and so is my BP

ran23

this 80mg dose is working: 120/82, 112/76.   too bad the pulse is 111 and 103, at rest.  still testing.

Kit
14 hours ago, dowling gram said:

Ran-- Did you know you can lower your blood pressure by meditating. I meditate for 10 minutes at last once a day--more often if I'm stressed or worried and my blood pressure is always lower than normal

I had an incident with my back a couple of weeks ago and was in severe pain and my legs were so wobbly I was afraid of falling. I called an ambulance to go to  emergency at the hospital. In the ambulance they took my blood pressure and it was 185/95. I lay there and relaxed as much as possible. I closed my eyes and started to breathe slowly, deeply and evenly. I emptied my mind and concentrated only on my breathing. My pain lessened a bit and my blood pressure slowly lowered. I live a half hour away from the hospital. They monitored my blood pressure all the way in and it slowly lowered during the drive but still remained higher than my usual BP reading.

I saw the doctor and she gave me x-rays then a diagnoses, pain meds and a prescription. They took My blood pressure again before I left and it was 120/65 Still a bit higher than normal but ok

My back is fine now and so is my BP

Wow, what an adventure. Glad you're ok now. :)

Edited by Kit

ran23

Without wine, right.  Finally had some at 3:00 and watching pulse go up.  Melatonin brings that back down.