Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
adiantum

Christmas Fare

Kit

Oh wow, that is so cool looking.  Something like that would also be great for New Years Eve or similar, though you would want something to eat all of that cheese with.  Maybe things like celery sticks, sliced bell peppers, carrot sticks, and similar.  Maybe cucumber slices?

You could keep the crackers for those who eat carby stuff.  Maybe low carb crackers for yourself.  I personally have a love for Flackers.  As time goes on I think I like them more and more.  :)

When I was a kid, my mom always put out a relish platter on Christmas.  It would have olives, pickles, and other type things.  This reminds me of one of those platters.

Edited by Kit

adiantum

This method would also make a great standard round cake.

I'd be happy to have a birthday cheesecake in this style.

serve with  forks & small plates

dowling gram

Most likely that tree was formed over a Styrofoam cone bought in a craft store. It seems like it would be easy to replicate with olives, peppers preserved in oil and stuck into the cone with toothpicks. Rosemary is used for the sprigs showing. The star is cut out of a yellow pepper

adiantum

no styrofoam cone was used.

Theres a link in the original post  explaining what was used & how it was formed.

dowling gram

I see! They used a used a cheese ball instead of a cone--Good idea.That would make it easier to form the antipasto tree. It would have to be kept cool though so you couldn't put it out until the festivities were under way

adiantum

You still didnt read the link DG.

No...Its not a cheese ball. Its  spiced cream cheese shaped into a cone shape to mimic a xmas tree.

As the instructions suggested...occasionally  to be kept chilled during the making if its becoming too soft  & again during the presentation.

Its OK DG, you dont have to edit all of my posts to place  your interpretations.

dowling gram

Lee--The Name of that recipe is "Antipasto CHEESE BALL Christmas tree" It was not my interpretation but the actual fact.

I'm sorry you don't like my posts but these forums are open to anyone and I'll continue to post when I want to!!!

Somehow you have taken a dislike to me--That's too bad but you'll just have to get used to me being around. I'm not going anywhere

Edited by dowling gram

adiantum
Another misinterpretation, at no time have I  expressed a dislike of you.
IYRC you will recall the empathy & support I endowed upon you when your husband was ill & passed.
It was soon after that  you became nasty, which I have tried to tolerate by making allowances for your grief.

It is flattering that you follow my posts yet is bordering on pathetic when your replies are mostly negative.

I have no idea why you chose to try & turn a christmas fare thread in the recipes into a craft fair .
It was not made from a cheese ball but into a ball & from there to a cone shape.

The thread was deliberately formed to encourage others to post their special festive recipes.
Please feel free to add a recipe but I ask you to stay on topic ..............it is a recipe forum.

dowling gram
5 hours ago, adiantum said:
Another misinterpretation, at no time have I  expressed a dislike of you.
IYRC you will recall the empathy & support I endowed upon you when your husband was ill & passed.
It was soon after that  you became nasty, which I have tried to tolerate by making allowances for your grief.

It is flattering that you follow my posts yet is bordering on pathetic when your replies are mostly negative.

I have no idea why you chose to try & turn a christmas fare thread in the recipes into a craft fair .
It was not made from a cheese ball but into a ball & from there to a cone shape.

The thread was deliberately formed to encourage others to post their special festive recipes.
Please feel free to add a recipe but I ask you to stay on topic ..............it is a recipe forum.

I'd like to know what was negative about my posts. Ok at first I thought they used a styrofoam tree but corrected myself when I reread the link again.

You have given snide remarks to me ever since you commented I on a recipe I posted and I corrected you. Sorry if that got your dander up but it should not have lasted this long. If putting me down every time I comment on your posts is not dislike I don't know what is. I am the same as I always was and that's not nasty or negative. The truth is that you didn't like that correction and decided that I was nasty when in truth it is the other way around.

You can rest assured that I will avoid you from now on.

adiantum
I've moved this unpleasant  discussion to a PM

Apologies to all who feasted upon   popcorn.
Edited by adiantum