Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
fattyboyjp3

T2 Trulicity

fattyboyjp3

I am still exercising riding bikes, lifting weights doing old school exercises, still trying to stay away from carbs but I still eat them.

if I eat just fish and veggies I can get in the low 100s  but then I feel I need bread.  Trulicity I think I am having issues I am not sure yet but I feel muscle spasms in stomach areas sometimes when I sit at the office or in my chair at home, so strange it reminds me of a twitch in the eye that you get every now and then. I have lost a few more lbs I am now 167 without clothes.

adiantum

as a pescetarian, I'd love to be in the low 100's but I too fall for the bread urges...it goes well with Anchovette .

Congrats on the weight loss.

fattyboyjp3

Thanks, I am sick for a week now, I am thinking because I am sick with a cold and my injury from 2015 MTB crash my sugar is on the rise this week!  i have seen 350 but it comes down, I eat almonds at my desk probably too much I try to do portion sizes of things.  This shoulder is really aching today.  Just having a bad day here,  I just wonder if this Trulicity is really working, and when you test your sugar during the day what type of numbers should you see when taking this?  And if you take this Trulicity are you really watching what you eat with it? Are you Strict with yourself?

meyery2k

I wish I could answer about the insulin but I don't use it.  Earlier this month, I was pretty ill with a suspected meningitis that put me in the hospital 3 nights.  I ended up there because I had a seizure in Target.  Never had those before.  Had 4 that day.  They had all kinds of IVs in me and, I almost was medevaced to Honolulu.  Steroids to reduce the swelling.  The dextrose in the IVs and the steroids wreaked havoc with my glucose.

If I exercise and eat right, I can keep my fasting under 100 most of the time.  Consistently 150+ while in hospital.  There was also glucose in my urine which hadn't happened for years.  Took a couple weeks before I consistently saw my regular numbers.

So, yes, it is possible illness is doing this to you.

fattyboyjp3

Well I am feeling a lot better now its been 3 weeks, I think I started to feel like a cold coming on 11-13, But now I feel better.   I have been watching lots of videos about intermediate fasting, I can see it work when I sit at my desk at work I take my blood every few hours, at 5:30@home I was 218, 8:30 I was at  203, 10:02 it is now 181  all I have had is Green Tea but I am hungry if i can last till Noon we will see what it goes to I would like to see an 84 one day!

LCD
1 hour ago, fattyboyjp3 said:

I have been watching lots of videos about intermediate fasting,  and all I have had is Green Tea but I am hungry if i can last till Noon we will see what it goes to I would like to see an 84 one day!

Jason Fung: The Complete Guide to Fasting (Nov 2018) You can see his video on YouTube or purchase his book. I started fasting in August 2019, with one day a week and continued to add additional fasting days with different "windows of eating hours".  I now fast on Monday - Wednesday and Fridays and my eating days are on Tues - Thurs and Saturdays.  Sunday is an optional day and is either eating or fasting.  At first my window of eating was 16/8, but reduced to 18/6 and now is 20/4.

Why?  I have noticed that I feel better - My body is responding and intermittent fasting, is a way to quickly lower insulin in the body. Prolonged periods of low insulin force the body to turn to stored sugar as a fuel source, and when that's been depleted, to turn to fat.  My BS levels have inproved, my insulin sensetivity and resistance has inproved, my BP is lower. I have lost weight and my fat body has decresed. I am never hungry and my body seems to like the current schedule. 

Another change I made was adding Apple Cider Vinegar to my diet.  In a pint mason jar, I add 1 TB ACV to 2 cups of water, along with 10 drops of SweetLeaf (a Stevia product) of what ever flavor (Root Beer or Englaish Toffee).  I drink one in the morning and another one around "dinner."

ACV benefits includes weight loss, reduced cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes and  It also reduces hungry.

I now that diabetes effects each individual differently. I am not suggesting this plan for you, but I just wanted to tell you about some of my benefits from my personal fasting and experences.  Libby

Edited by LCD
Correction to year

fattyboyjp3

LCD thanks, I just stumbled upon these videos and I have noticed before if I didn't eat my numbers dropped!  It is hard to start this I have just been keeping an eye on my numbers in case it drops.  I don't think it will I have never had a really low number yet I am now at 160@ 11:23

I have a hard-boiled egg and Peanut butter and apples just in case I need to eat, but it is hard right now to skip food for a very long time!  I would like to go down to our gym at lunchtime and workout and then  maybe have something small to eat

meyery2k
5 hours ago, fattyboyjp3 said:

I would like to go down to our gym at lunchtime and workout and then  maybe have something small to eat

I like that idea! :)

Kit

As I mentioned in the morning thread, I suspect fasting gets easier once you break yourself of the sugar roller coaster.

We all tend to get different results.  I've been IF/OMAD since October 5th.  While I had a big spike in energy at first, I no longer feel that.

I do still get hungry.

I've yet to get a decent picture of what breaking your fast should actually look like.

Eat until I'm no longer hungry?  Fine, but I will be hungry 3 hours later and that hunger will last until I eat again, be that 3 more hours or 20 more hours.

Eat until I'm full?  Then I don't feel so good for the rest of the day, my BG goes higher than I would want given what I'm doing . . . and I'm still really hungry come next morning.

But, I have noticed that I cover more ground on my evening walks in less time than I used to.  But I don't feel energetic.  Like right now I'm sitting here wishing I could go back to bed and sleep for another 6 hours or so.  But I won't go to bed until 10pm.  And I'll wake up around 5am and it will be impossible to get back to sleep.  Week day or week end  And I will feel tired all day and hungry.  And I know its not just false hunger.  I've gotten light headed while driving into work in the mornings as well as driving home in the evenings.  I've fallen a few times here at work because I get rather dizzy.  But I don't have low blood glucose.  I have checked that.

My goal was to do this until my next Dr appointment (the 20th).  I don't think I'm going to go back to eating breakfasts, at least not on a regular basis, but I think I will stop doing OMAD unless there's a special situation.

Ack, didn't mean to hijack the conversation.