Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracy G

extreem spike in BG post exercise

Tracy G

i have been working on getting my BG under control after several months of neglect. 

After many years of tight control my A1c was 5.1 for almost 3 years without meds. 

i checked my sugar levels and i was 450 and climbing.  when i went the ER i was 608. 

so i am currently working on getting those numbers under control.  resumed a better low carb diet, and long and slow acting insulin shots. 

my BG this moring was 218 fasting, and 230 prebreakfast. 

post breakfast i was 240, and decided i needed to get some exercise going again to help lower and stabalize my BG. 

Post tredmill (20 min brisk walk) i was 220, jumped in the shower and i was 470. 

i topped out somewhere over 500, but my libre only says high when i get over that. 

so now i am almost 2 hours post exercise.  my BG is at 482 and i have 8 units of novolog about 45 min ago. 

just very supprised that i have spiked up so high, and not seen a drop in my BG this long after exercise. 

my first thought was that my liver just dumped a lot of glucose into my system.  i would have expected it to start dropping by now. 

have you all had any issues with a large spike post exercise. 

tracy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.