Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

fattyboyjp3

My Food Past & Future

fattyboyjp3

So my doctor's visit I guess was good but the A1c is now back up to 10 I was down to 8.  He said it could be that I was sick in November and being sick does mess with a diabetic's sugar.  All the other numbers were good! This time I will go back in 4 months.  I told my doctor about me fasting but he doesn't want me to do that.  He also wants me to go on insulin?   I keep telling him I am not doing that he wants fasting numbers in the morning to be 80 nothing less no more than 150 before I eat.    I told him I have all of you here on this diabetic forum; he said Great it always good to talk to others!

meyery2k

OK.  This is now Day 1 for real.  You know what you are working with.

We talked about fasting and it was recommended that you work on eating 3 good meals a day to begin with and then, once you have that nailed down, look at alternatives.  Fasting works great for some and for others, not so much.  It really depends on how you are broken.

Insulin might be something to consider if diet and exercise alone don't keep your numbers in check.  I did notice your fasting numbers coming down pretty dramatically so keep up the good work.  Don't get dismayed.  It looks like you are going in the right direction.

Are you testing before and after meals?  This really unlocked the concepts here that everyone has learned.

Keep up the good work!  Many people have started at over 10 with the A1c and used diet, exercise, and Metformin to get their numbers to a non-diabetic level.  It requires some change but I believe you can do it. ~ Mike

fattyboyjp3

I started at 13.5 in 2015 it was on my Birthday I go this news!  I did bring myself to the doctors My eyesight was strange and I was peeing so much drinking so much water, but now we go forward james!