Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
ran23

rechargeable batteries (flashlights)

ran23

I picked up some Nitecore RCR123A rechargeable only to find they are too 'powerful' for my older Surefire 6-P.  they are 3.64v out of the package, almost 8v in my flashlites it too much.    My newest light is a Fenix E20 (2xAA). I use Eneloops in that. .    

Hammer

Ran, some years ago I purchased one of these.  Mine came with a rechargeable 3.7 volt, 4,000 mAh, lithium-ion battery, and the 120 volt charger to charge the battery.  That little black rubber piece that the guy in the video thinks is where you connect a charger, is the cover for the charging port.  You don't have to remove the battery to charge it.

This flashlight is called a tactical flashlight because it can be used to strike someone, what with the jagged front, as well as shine it in an attacker's face, since it is so bright that it will blind them.  I bought it because I wanted a really bright flashlight, and this one is one of the brightest that I could find at the time.  This flashlight has three modes....constant on, strobe, and sending an SOS signal.  The strobe would be a good way to blind an attacker, because the strobe is extremely bright, then it goes dark, then it strobes again, which can disorient an attacker. (think of a strobe light at a night club that they turn on while people are dancing, then imagine if it was 25 times brighter.)

I have taken this flashlight outside at night in areas where there is no light, and it is extremely bright.  I played with it at several of my radio club's hamfests, which is our yearly event, and since I get there at 5AM, it's still dark outside, and since it's held in a park, there is no light.  This thing is so bright, that I can shine it over 100 yards away, and see what it's aimed at.  I tried looking into it once to see how bright it looked....I'll never do that again.☺️  I have no idea what type of bulb it uses, since it doesn't look like a bulb when you shine it onto something.  If you shine it onto something, then turn the focus ring, it sharpens what is shining in the flashlight, and it's a square looking object.(you can see it in the video.)