Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

fattyboyjp3

Before dinner Readings!

meyery2k

Likely a false hypo.  Your body becomes used to the high glucose.  In a short time, as you keep this up, you will adjust and this won't happen.  Sometimes after a long ride I will be in the low 80's or high 70's.  I feel fine except that I will be intensely hungry.  As long as you are above 75, there is no concern.  YOu can try eating something fatty to see if it helps.

You are doing a remarkable job with this by the way. 

Kit

I found for the longest time that my pre dinner readings were my lowest of the day.

Down side is that false hypo.  but it is false, 84 is a perfectly normal number to have.  But your body isn't used to it and thinks you are going low.  as you get to the point where numbers like those happen more and more often, those feelings will go away.

Now if I remember right, you are on some medications, so you will want to keep an eye out so you don't get real hypos (under 70).  If that is the case, you may want to start discussing lowering your medications with your doctor.

fattyboyjp3

I road 11 miles last night on a new Gravel bike!  I got a Salsa Journeyman!  It is an awesome different feeling than my Fat Bike.

Got home I took my reading it was 74!   It is crazy how you feel

meyery2k

Pictures....

I was looking at Salsa.  I decided on a Specialized Sequoia Elite because the bike shop here is a Specialized dealer and has an easier time getting parts.  One of the things that can suck about living on an island 2400 miles from anything lol...

I love my gravel bike.  42 wheels.  I put 38s on my other bike (the biggest it can take).  Really soaks up the bumps and they are speedy enough for me.

I rode 125km today and was bonking.  I never measured during a bonk but I got home so I did this time and was 72.  Some quick snack food quickly resolves this.  I measured after a small snack and only 76 but feeling way better lol...

Off for free hotdogs now!

fattyboyjp3

Today I made at 5 Am had an Omelet with peppers and sausage 1 slice of bread, Oh I have to tell you about this bread I found I am so determined to find bread that doesn't spike me bad!  For lunch, I made Cod with garlic, lime juice basil, Oregano some paprika, Turnamic and peppers and onions, and hot peppers and then I had some homemade sauce leftover so I threw the fish in that and gonna soak the leftover sauce with 1 slice of bread

and for a dessert, I cut up some cucumbers and small palm-size of apples!    I have not really looked at any of the recipes here yet but I would love to mind a Chocolate Cake that won't hurt ya, but right now I am trying to eat cleaner than clean and get cut up for the next sailing season!

Everything is baked with Enricheched flour!   

The bread is Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Bread, 100% Whole Wheat this bread I have eaten 1 slice and waited an hour after and have tested, and other bread so far have raised me to 270 this one I have seen 170 but that is when I was already at 133 so it is not a bad spike.  I have been buying loaves of bread tested and giving it away if it doesn't work with me or i just throw it away because some family members will not eat the texture some of this bread is!