Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
robertj298

Strange occurrence with sugar

robertj298

I've struggled with my sugar for quite some time. Recently I have been taking 5mg of glypizide in the morning before breakfast and it has really helped. My suger which is always on the high side in the morning has always dropped 30 -40 points after taking the glypizide. Today was unusual. My morning reading was 155 I took the glypizide and ate a carbmaster yogurt 6mg of carbs which I usually eat and 2 hours later instead of dropping 30 or 40 pints my reading was 215. It just doesn't make sense to me.

meyery2k

Illness, stress, or steroids can wreak havoc with your glucose.  I recently needed some corticosteroids to reduce swelling and my glucose rocketed.

Perhaps you have an infection or something that is not quite strong enough to present any symptoms.

This also might be overly obvious but make sure your hands are clean when testing.  I was cutting fruit once and had a reading over 200.  Washed hands and it was in the usual 90's.