Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
banjo1971

from 7.9 to 6.0 in three months: here's what I did

banjo1971

In early October of 2019 my A1C was 7.9.  This has been averaging about 7.5 for a couple years.  I have IBS, and my doctor has been recommending taking Metamucil for about a year now, and I just didn't do it because I didn't believe him when he told me it will possibly take the uncomfortable feelings and bloating away.

In that same month of October I decided to buy some Metamucil, the sugar free orange flavor.  And I worked my way up to three tablespoons a day with plenty of water.  Now this is the only thing I can remember or think of that I have done differently since the A1C test.  I understand taking this stuff can stabilize blood sugar, but I had no idea it might bring it down 1.9 points to a 6.0 here in December.  

So if you have never tried Metamucil, and you are not allergic to it, try it.  Stay on it for at least 3 months to see if it makes a difference.  It sure did for me.