Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

meyery2k

98 today.  Summer was back yesterday.

I found out this tunnel is man-made but it is still interesting.

I rode from where I took this photo to the point in the distance.  It is about 10 miles away by road.

124322411_10214121232584495_8251684579180448164_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=g6KjXsxZjxIAX8ubvo7&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=1e86e4efe5173a4d4e692a779a1426a3&oe=5FCF11D1

124500644_10214121231984480_313821701485839863_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xG4uTc9lWb4AX_4ZQCH&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=1ccd2d425e21810a21d76efa9657112b&oe=5FD053EE

IrinaHarr

147 today after fasting day, last night before bed was 112.  Cold here, pups ran back home without calling from wind and freezing rain. ❄️

adiantum

Great achievement Mike.

A lovely  young man I know was born with a congenital brain tumor which gave him a terrible start to life.

IrinaHarr

141 this morning, frosted grass outside but no measurable snow. Hump day and mind reboot to focus on Holidays, turkey, gifts, and tree decoration. I got a new smaller tree (a skinny one) to put on a sideboard instead of the floor because new puppy tries to play with everything she can reach. I found her on the patio table two days in a row and she did not know how to get down, chairs were placed far but not far enough apparently (I had to move them on the other side of the patio). TJ will have their chilled turkeys this Friday, I have to check it out - if price is forbidding I might get a butterball again. I do not even like poultry that much, I would rather spend money on a fabulous steak :)

Diana_CT

I had a Whooper last night.
After a 2.5 hour zoom meeting I was in no mood to cook

I was sitting out on the deck Sunday afternoon watching a flock of woodpeckers moving through the wetland trees as I was listening to an audiobook. 

backyard-154413.JPG 

The oak tree is always the last shed its leaves and the squirrels love the acorns and the hawks love the squirrels gathering the acorns.
The birds were chirping and then silence. The squirrels froze, a red tail hawks was circling overhead.
After the hawk flew on normalcy returned to my little patch of nature.

meyery2k

95 today.  Since 2020 has been an unconventional year, we are doing an unconventional Thanksgiving.  Parmesan crusted salmon.  Our tastes kind of drive this.  Kala is not a big fan of turkey.  I like turkey but not overly so.  The cleanup mostly.  Kala loves ham but I am not a big ham lover.  I will eat it if it is there but I don't get up and think to make it or eat it.  Tim loves everything and, oddly, wanted to make something different this year.

It is not the first time we have done this.  One year was lobsters, one was paella, cornish hens, ribs.  So I guess, for us, this isn't unusual after all.

Diana_CT

Oooh... Lobster!

That is what I am having for Thanksgiving.  I am making Lobster Newburg for myself. 

Everyone is staying home this year and we are doing a Zoom get-together (scheduled around the football games of course). 

TX_Clint
2 minutes ago, Diana_CT said:

Ops... Burger King Whopper. 

Oh, I can do that too if I toss the bun, but I find Wendy's Bacon Burger is better.

adiantum

It will be a sausage & egg muffin for breakfast.

Ive run out of ground beef for the birds, so cant very well go to that park & will drive past a maccas to get to another leash free park.

The dog gets the sausage, I get the egg & half muffin.

Hammer

A 77 (4.28) today.  I've found that best way to have a Thanksgiving dinner, is to make a reservation at a buffet style restaurant on Thanksgiving Day.  They serve all of the usual Thanksgiving dishes, and there is no clean up.  Of course now that I live alone, I'll just buy a quarter pound of turkey breast lunchmeat, and eat that on Thanksgiving Day.  Holidays don't mean anything to me, because when you are retired, every day is a holiday.😊

FunDad62

Tropical storm ETA is set to pass directly over me today.  Been rainy off and on and the breeze is picking up.  I love this kind of weather.  Especially when it's not a full-on hurricane.

On other news...I got a text from my landlord yesterday telling me the owner of my unit wants to sell it.  My lease isn't up until the end of April but they have a right of sale clause that terminates my lease if they sell it.  I was planning on buying a house in March anyway but this puts a new urgency on it.  They did offer to sell it to me at a lower price but I'm not interested.  I want a house again with a garage and a yard.  Plus all four people that live downstairs from me are chain smokers.  I can't go out my front door or sit on my porch without smelling cigarette smoke. And it smells like it inside my unit.  I've gotten used to it but anytime someone comes over here for the first time the first thing thy say is it smells like cigarettes in my apartment.  I thought it was kind of the owners of my unit to put this on me right before the holidays.  Not.