Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Hammer

A 73 (4.06) today.  Irina, that picture of your dog reminded me of a picture that I took many years ago of my dog, a Yorkie.  I tried to find the picture to post here, but I couldn't find it.  In the picture, my wife was walking the dog, and it was the day after a blizzard.  We had 36 inches (91.4 cm) of snow, so when my wife opened the door to go outside, the dog just jumped into the snow.  The picture shows my wife holding his leash, and the leash goes down to the snow with no dog visible.  He was completely buried in the snow.  He loved playing in it, as he would just jump up to see where he was, only to land in the snow again, completely covered.  We eventually had to bring him back inside because the snow was sticking to his long fur, so much so that he looked like he was made out of snow.😊

FunDad62

Don't remember if I mentioned or not but the owner of my condo has decided to sell and has listed it on the market.  Had two showings Thursday and two more today.  Only up side to that is it makes me keep the place clean.  I want to buy a house and found one I really liked last week but it sold on Friday.  The real estate market is hot here.

meyery2k

91.  The Moon and Venus were companions for my ride yesterday.  Christmas fun with The Grinch and tree decorating at my daughter's house.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, night, tree, outdoor and nature

No photo description available.

IrinaHarr
5 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

I want to buy a house and found one I really liked last week but it sold on Friday.  The real estate market is hot here.

Its hot market pretty much everywhere, you need to find a good real estate agent to work with you (agent has access to property information before it is listed everywhere else). Agent will also advise you how to make an offer to get it accepted, there are multiple offers usually. My in-laws in MN went to look at the house and it already got an offer accepted before they even got there to see it (24hrs).

adiantum

It was the dogs christmas party yesterday & they now have my ph# to text me special days since I'm not on f/b

It was wonderful seeing my dog run up the park to join them after sniffing them out at the carpark.

He's not of their breed, but soon worked out that every human there has hands that give good pats & pockets full of treats.

OK... confession time............. I had the first slice of christmas cake in 13 years & it was wonderful.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

An 89 (4.94) today.

Mike, in case you didn't know, Venus is also called The Morning Star, since it's usually visible in the early morning hours.

Edited by Hammer

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr - I have a good agent I've been working with for a year and a half now.  And I've been on their email list that sends me new listings the day they hit the market (or ones with price reductions).  I used to do some real estate flips and investing before the recession.  And investors are here in full swing.  They're snatching up all the fixer-uppers fast like the ones I want to buy.  Just a bad time to buy if you want a deal.

IrinaHarr

144 today, colder 18F this morning. Warmer next week :)

FunDad - glad to hear you are all set to find a new place 🏡

Hammer

A 91 (5.06) today.  I was surprised to see snow falling when I got up today.  It was supposed to be mostly sunny today, but where I live, you can't trust the weather report.  It melted fairly quickly, so it was no big deal.  Now Wednesday, they are calling for 15 inches (38cm) of snow, which is rare for this time of year here.  If that happens, I'll be able to take out my tractor with the snow blower attachment, and have fun clearing off my driveway.  I'll probably lose my internet and TV cable connections, since there is a problem with the cable, and the cable company had to run a cable from one of their above ground cable connections, to another above ground cable connection, and in doing so, ran the cable across the road, which a snowplow will totally destroy.  So, if I don't make any posts from Wednesday on, you'll know why.

IrinaHarr

It was 136 this morning, I did not post earlier because we went shopping at 7am to finish all gift lists with stocking stuffers. My hubby was circling Menards for something small he had in mind and could not find it. He decided in-store shopping was overrated and went online again, I guess we were always social distancing - even before it became a thing :)