Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Diana_CT
12 hours ago, adiantum said:

Great news of yours Diana hearing an owl.

You know how I always suggest putting bowls of water out for critters? well, have I got a great suggestion for you...

A bowl  of water would make a nice ice skating rink for the birds.

Right now it is 9F (-12C)

I don't know about putting out dead mice, owls are not scavengers, but the crows would probably love them. I think that the owls are around because of the neighbors bird feeders. At night I think that the feeders attract mice since I have caught 5 mice inside the house. 

Ops I forgot to post my reading this morning,  128.

Edited by Diana_CT
Add reading.

FunDad62

I had a friend a long time ago who's parents owned a pet store.  They had a six foot Burmese python in there named "speed bump".  I'll spare you the story of the time I watched them put a rabbit in the cage with him.  😮  Brutal.

Diana_CT
3 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

I had a friend a long time ago who's parents owned a pet store.  They had a six foot Burmese python in there named "speed bump".  I'll spare you the story of the time I watched them put a rabbit in the cage with him.  😮  Brutal.

In college someone had a python and he used to look in the want ads for free puppies and kittens.

adiantum

8.2 full of aches & pains this morning. The wet weather mustve seeped into my joints & rust formed : )

Diana, I thought you'd be either horrified at the mice suggestion or rolled around laughing.

I shouldve known you'd be an Amazon & can cope with mice.

Owls here will eat road kill. Years ago one took flight from such a meal & flew straight into my car.

That still saddens me.

When I catch a mouse in the trap, I put it out for the Kookaburras to eat.

The pet supplies store I frequent wont stock anything for reptiles..claiming herpetologists stole  things in the past.

adiantum

6.9 at 5am

Christmas Day is to be perfect weather at 25C/77F with a chance of a slight shower.

The weather for this day was the menu  deciding factor . Will it be too hot to cook or eat a big meal? 

The only decision I have to make is 'will we stay home or go to the beach?' 

FunDad62

I told my daughter the other day that this year we should go to the beach on Christmas day.  We usually just stay home all day and cook a small meal of our favorite foods.  We're only a 15 minute drive from the ocean.

IrinaHarr

145 today, all gifts arrived not much left to do. We do not have company for Christmas, we are having steak :)

meyery2k

95 today.  These goslings didn't mind the rain.  Last night, there was a small earthquake about 930PM.  4.4.  Turns out it was Kilauea beginning a new eruption.  This one is in the Halemaumau caldera which is at the summit unlike 2018 which was on the flank in the middle of a neighborhood but anything can happen.  This was a surprise from the most studied and best understood volcano in the world.  In other words, typical for 2020 lol...

Image may contain: plant, grass, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: fire, night, sky and outdoor

An eruption started at Kīlauea summit on December 20 at approximately 9:30 p.m. HST with multiple fissures opening on the walls of Halemaʻumaʻu crater. The lava cascaded into the summit water lake, boiling off the water and forming a new lava lake at the base of the crater. The northern fissure, pictured, was producing the tallest lava fountain at roughly 50 m (165 ft), and all lava was contained within Halemaʻumaʻu crater in Kīlauea caldera.

adiantum

Theres a chance christmas outings will be cancelled to control the latest covid outbreak.

The beaches within the covid hotspots will be closed but not those I frequent.

I go to one of the few dogs  leash free  beach, not that my boy will go near the waves.

I always go to less populated areas I even drive past popular dog parks to get to a quiet one.

I've been eyeing off overhanging branches of a pine tree I thought would make a nice christmas floral arrangement.

Not native so free to steal. It was raining so  there was no one around, that is until I cut the last bough when 

another dog owner drove past beeping the horn & waving. Dang.. I was sprung.

It always seemed strange that we use pines to decorate when our gardens are in full colour .

Mother always decorated with native flowers & foliage but theyre protected in the wild now. I used to pick these Blanfordia bells.

Now I have them in plastic .

Borrowed pic which shows the burnt out forest from last summer.

Australian Christmas Bell.jpg

FunDad62

As a bit of an amateur astronomer, I kept thinking why all the fuss over the conjunction?  I mean if one smaller planet passes behind the other bigger one, it won't be any brighter.  It'll just hide the smaller planet (Saturn).  My daughter and I went out four times to see it.  We never saw them align before it went below the horizon.  But we did see two satellites pass over.  And she got a kick out of looking at the Moon and Mars with binoculars.  This is the best time of the year to go outside at night and just look at the stars.  Throw out a lawn chair and lie back with some binoculars.  It's truly mind-boggling when you think about the scale of the Universe.