Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

It's here..Merry Christmas !!

Santa's been & he only bought small rubber balls, but they did come in interesting sounding plastic bags.

My boy was sure the bags  would contain food to sound like that.

I had to tell him that he's not a cat, so stop declaring the package more exciting.

Kangaroos_1024x1024.jpg

IrinaHarr

147 today. Hounds are very happy and busy with their triple braided chew sticks, young pup hugged most of the toys :)

Lee, that is quite authentic Australian Christmas card - delighted to look at it, thank you! 

Merry Christmas!

20201225_082738.jpg

20201225_082817.jpg

Diana_CT

Merry Christmas!

bells+clip+art.png

Wicked weather overnight winds gusting to hurricane force winds rattling the my house and the wetlands in my backyard is flooded from the 3" (7.6 cm) of rain and all the melted snow. The temperature is 62 (16C) and is dropping down to in the 20s tonight (-6C).

meyery2k
16 minutes ago, Diana_CT said:

The temperature is 62 (16C) and is dropping down to in the 20s tonight (-6C).

No wonder the storm was so powerful...

95 today.

Bella, the calico, thought the paper bags from the grocer were her Christmas present.  Cats...

adiantum

7.7 I thought the liquer in the chocolates would be kinder to my FBG.

I love sharing christmas with you all & Ahnanimus it's so good to share it with you.

Irina, I love your pooch pics.

I bought a lot of those christmas cards from the MND / ALS society.

Safina Stewart is  the indiginous artist..https://artbysafina.com.au/

Yay Clint.. but now I'll have to decide where to meet you all next time Jupitor & Saturn meet.. Hawaii or Texas.

That storm on the US East coast looks horrific. It looks like Diana & Hammers territory so it was great seeing Diana post.

It's Boxing Day here.. my favourite day of the year .  covid only spoiled a part of it by  cancelling the Sydney to Hobart yacht race  but the cricket is on.

some celebrate it by shopping or visiting friends but its in front of the TV for me.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-26/history-of-boxing-day-servants-sales-and-saints/12864436

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.)  Yes, we got "hammered" (pun intended) here with that storm, but it was in the 50's here (10°C), so it was all rain.  It's 21°F (-6°C) right now, and we are getting snow showers.  I decided that I should hook up my Battery Tender to my car's battery, so that tomorrow, when I go to take it to the dealer to have the battery replaced, it will start.   The battery is 8 years old, and I wanted to replace it earlier this year, but the dealer that I wanted to take it to was in a neighboring city, and they said that I had to drop it off and pick it up later, and that I couldn't wait for it, since they closed their waiting area because of the coronavirus.  I asked them if I could just walk around the new car lot until they were finished and she said no.  What was I supposed to do, walk some 30 plus miles home?  So, I didn't get a new battery.  Oh, a Battery Tender is a small trickle charger that you connect to your car's battery overnight, and it will keep your battery fully charged. 

adiantum

Glad your OK Hammer, I thought it possible your snow plow cut the cable or that power had been cut to your region.

I sometimes see a local sailing boat named "Hammer"

IrinaHarr

149 today, it is still a bit chilly but today weather guy promised 42F outside. Pooches are fun to watch, they are like a couple of toddlers (grandkids are 400 mi away, cannot go and visit this year).

meyery2k

103 today.  We had Hawaiian food for our Christmas dinner.  Not all Polynesian food as it would sound.  Since many cultures mixed here, Hawaiian food dinner is usually a multi-cultural extravaganza.  We had limu poké (cubed raw fish seasoned with seaweed), Lau Lau (shredded pork wrapped in taro leaf), shredded pork, chorizo, pipikaula (Hawaiian seaoned steak), poi (pounded taro root), and patele (the best I can describe is that it is a Puerto Rican version of a tamale which uses mashed green banana as a wrapping and is filled with shredded meat and seasonings, wrapped in aluminum foil and steamed).  There was rice (which I passed on), and Kala made a cherry pie which I did not pass on.

Much like a turkey dinner, we all crashed and burned after that feast (Kala, Tim, and I)

Today, I get on the bike and burn off some of that energy.  I hope to share some bragging rights about cycling tomorrow lol...

This wasn't my plate lol but it gives and idea of what we had.  This was Kala's plate and, as it has been since she was little, her eyes were bigger than her stomach so she also has breakfast or lunch for today.

Image may contain: food, text that says '5:36 Kala Daily 28s sago'

adiantum

7.6 I'll have to walk this morning, but naturally be back in time for cricket on the tv.

I dont suppose we will be seeing photos of  piglets roaming freely around Hawaii for a while, after looking at Kalas plate.

I saw a salmon jump out of the water yesterday which means some escaped christmas dinner.

meyery2k
4 hours ago, adiantum said:

I dont suppose we will be seeing photos of  piglets roaming freely around Hawaii for a while

The feral pig population is doing quite well.  Saw/heard them in the brush today :)

adiantum

Yay FunDad.. heres hoping your offer is accepted.

wow Mike.. you know how to celebrate with style... & in a great shirt.

12,000 miles is a mighty achievement.

Ive seen a few new bikes cutting through the dog park this week, so santa mustve had no coal left.

One had the widest tyres/tires Ive ever seen on a bike.

When the rider stopped for the dogs I asked what he did through the year  for  good for santa to bring such a new bike.

"Not new" he said, " Just washed after returning from Mount Kosciuszko. "

Thats Australias highest mountain at 2,228m  so I assume wide tyres are for the challenge.

Map of Mount Kosciuszko

https://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/snowy-mountains/kosciuszko-national-park/summit-walk