Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

7.8 I think I just hear Robot from Lost in Space...warning!!

It's good to see you back online  Janice .

Edited by adiantum

IrinaHarr

161 this morning which is surprising with 130 last night. Woke up to 2 inches of snow and it will continue falling till late today. 🌨️ ☃️

adiantum

8 I mustve dreamt of those hot cross buns the stores are advertising.

Crikey... my christmas decorations are still up

ran23

A 84 today (tested with alcohol swab during morning coffee). yes, that is low for me.  23F morning.

Edited by ran23
additions

Diana_CT

I haven't been posting lately because my numbers are sky high. 

This morning my reading was 167

Yesterday I had a brunch of bacon and eggs with an English muffin and supper was tomato soup. I drink a lot of tea. 

The day before my reading was 159

I had bacon and eggs with an English muffin, lunch was a salad with oil and vinegar, supper was homemade chicken soup.

For the week before I cut back on carbs but my numbers were high. 

I also lost 3 pounds. 

FunDad62

My decorations are still up.  We usually take them down on the 1st.  My mother leaves hers up until the 6th because Catholics wait until the Sunday after Epiphany, which is on Jan. 6.  That marks ''Twelfth Night,'' or the Eve of Epiphany, the end of the 12 days of Christmas.  I was raised Catholic too but I've been going to an Episcopal church for over 20 years.  Very similar services.  Mom is a die-hard Catholic.  Walks to church seven days a week.

IrinaHarr

151 today, couple chocolates slipped into my tea drinking time last night.

I leave Christmas lights till Russian Orthodox Christmas Eve which is 6th - something to do with changing from one calendar to another to account for 13 days of erroneous time over thousands of years. Countries changed to new calendar but this church did not, so 13 days behind. Also, hubby is catholic and we leave decor for couple weeks after Dec 25th. In Russia they start parties from Dec 25th , then do Jan 1 New Year, then RO Christmas Dec 7, then... wait for it ... New year celebration "old style calendar" on Jan 13th, there is even movie with this name "Old New Year". Then everybody goes back to work :)

adiantum

7.4 on this last day of 2020

Thanks for the excuse to leave things until jan 6th, but please feel free to come up with a longer plan. :D

Google was very creative on its home page  but clicking on that horn at 4am was  an abrupt start to the day:rofl:

icon_popped.pngicon_idle.gif

Hammer

An 80 (4.44) today.  I don't put up Christmas decorations, so I don't have to ever take any down.  When my daughter moved out after she graduated from college, she asked if she could have the decorations, so I gave them all to her.

IrinaHarr

153 this morning.

Lee, those were spectacular fireworks in Sidney, I watched it live on skynews channel just now!

Happy New Year!

FunDad62

Everywhere you look people are happy to say goodbye to 2020.  As if mother nature knows it's the end of our year.  Not sure I see 2021 being much better.  Yes my glass is half empty today.  My offer on the house was turned down and not even a counter-offer.  They said since they "just lowered the price they feel like it's worth what they're asking".  By every number I run it's only worth at best several thousand less than they're asking.  But it's a hot market and they think someone will pay it, even though it's very outdated and doesn't compare to how well other homes for sale show inside.  My problem is there just aren't many homes for sale in my budget.  And if they're in good shape, they sell in a week after coming on the market.  This one has been listed just over a month and mine was the first offer.

meyery2k
2 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

But it's a hot market and they think someone will pay it, even though it's very outdated and doesn't compare to how well other homes for sale show inside.

Hopefully - Just play the long game.  Upside, you get the house for what you think it is worth.  Down side - Some "sucker" overpays.  My friend, who can afford to do this, plays in realty all the time.  He never gets emotional.  For the rest of us, it is a big deal.  I do believe you will find the right place for you. ~ Mike