Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

IrinaHarr
19 hours ago, adiantum said:

That article is interesting Diana.

What a pity our members never returned after bariatric surgery to  share their experiences.

You can have bariatric surgery or you can fast and get the same result. Was reading up on it, book by Dr. Jason Fung and lots of his presentation videos online out there. And fasting to maintain your success after. It's like medical conspiracy, no one ever told me about this option before. No one would make money on me being just pre-diabetic again or better, would they? I am becoming a conspiracy theory phanatic because of this ;)

Hammer

A 63 (3.5) today.

Fasting is not a good way to lose weight.  Your body needs nutrition every day, and by fasting it gets no nutrition.  Your body needs vitamins and minerals also, and by fasting, you are preventing your body from getting them.  A doctor explained it to me this way...if your body was a car, the food you eat is the gasoline in the car, and the vitamins are the spark plugs.  If there is no fuel in the car, the vitamins are worthless.

Years ago, I checked up on bariatric surgery, just to see how it all worked, since we had a member here who had it, and I was curious about it.  Bariatric surgery isn't a conspiracy, it's for people who are obese, and aren't able to control their appetite.  The surgery stops the hunger pangs that you get when dieting, and after the surgery, at first, you eat 800 calories a day or less, and those few calories make you feel full, but at least you are taking in calories.  After a number of weeks on 800 calories a day, they slowly have you increase that to about 1200 calories day, since 800 isn't good for you over the long haul. 

One of the problems with dieting is that you are always hungry.  When you first start a diet, you tolerate being hungry all of the time, but after months of being hungry all of the time, you get tired of being hungry, so you slowly go off of the diet, which is why most diets fail.  If you only eat 800 calories a day, then slowly rise to 1200 calories and are never hungry, you'll stick to that diet.  

Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage you from trying to lose weight in your own way.  If it works for you, that's great, I just wanted to give you another opinion on it.

adiantum

Neither bariatric surgery or fasting are for me, I enjoy comfort.

@Diana_CT..you have great experiences.."I went to a Oscar party and they had pizza"

I love to watch the fashions at the Oscars even though I dont recognise those wearing them .

Those huge skirts must demand more space when sitting at the tables, but they do look amazing.

The one i disliked  was Wiig in that red dress that looked like a long version of  the aprons / pinafores mother used to wear in the '50's .

Most loved was Billy Porters as it imaged birds & I loved the elegance of Natalie Portmans.

Its jeans & t-shirts for me but I do appreciate beauty.

Hammer
3 hours ago, adiantum said:

Its jeans & t-shirts for me but I do appreciate beauty.

I'm with you Lee.  All I ever wear are t-shirts and jeans.  I have one pair of dress slacks, one dress shirt, and one blazer to wear with the dress pants, as well as one pair of dress shoes.  I only wear those at weddings and funerals, everything else is t-shirt and jeans and jogging shoes. ( I don't jog, I wear jogging shoes because they have extra padding inside that makes them more comfortable for walking.)

adiantum

Today is to be 30C /86F with 86% humidity.

What a wonderful difference rain has made. 
Its so good to see grass green & silent again, when just last week it was brown & crunched when I walked on it.

adiantum

7  & the groceries have arrived & most packed away.

Bags of frozen brussel sprouts & broccoli which I would never have eaten before D.

Maybe one day I will get to like green beans, but that's stretching the imagination too far.