Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

IrinaHarr
20 hours ago, adiantum said:

Bags of frozen brussel sprouts & broccoli which I would never have eaten before D.

Lee, if you put brussels on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven covered with couple slices of bacon they taste awesome 🥓

adiantum

I'm sure everything tastes better with bacon, but I dont  eat mammals. I'm mostly pescetarian but sometimes I'll eat the dogs chicken.

I buy ground beef for the birds & dog & say sorry to all the bovines for their sacrifice.

Feeding the birds in the park yesterday was my play day. A young man in a flash car was parked beside the pocket of trees where I feed the birds.

He didnt want me to see him & slid down in his seat everytime I looked his way.

I've been going to that park long enough to know Thursday is 'buy & sell day' for drugs.

I threw small balls of meat around & placed several on a tree stump where the dog cant reach.

I stayed there a long time  playing on this young mans discomfort & the birds had their fill. 

Hammer

An 87 (4.83) today.  I woke up last night for one of my many bathroom trips, and when I went to get in bed, I could feel that I was going low, so I just grabbed a bottle of glucose tablets that I have sitting near my bed and ate some of them.  Apparently I ate  few too many, hence the 87 today.

Hooterville

I think I haven't posted since Monday.    My boys and I took Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off work to try to make a final push on emptying my mom's house so we can put it on the market.  Well, we'll need another push or two but we made a lot of progress.   It's a process full of many emotions.   I don't recommend it.   

Anyway, 103, 85, 104, and 115 this morning.   

adiantum

It must be near state election time. NSW gov is giving those with a pension card $250 to help with the cost of transport.

It can be spent on petrol/gas, taxis or long distance train travel.

We only get one  yearly free long distance train travel but daily trips are just $2.50

WooHoo.. that $250 will pay for me to take drives looking for suitable coastal town I could move to.

Ahnanimus

Yippee!  The darling doubles decided to fight back with a knockout blow to the terrible triples. 

This morning's reading was 76!  The lowest I've ever been.

IMG-20200214-WA0016.jpg

ran23

Last minute decision for lunch today, Hawaiian Cafe for Kalua Pork.  Brown rice didn't help keep the BG down.  side of Broccoli and coleslaw helped. 

IrinaHarr
On 2/13/2020 at 12:47 PM, adiantum said:

I'm sure everything tastes better with bacon, but I dont  eat mammals. I'm mostly pescetarian but sometimes I'll eat the dogs chicken.

I buy ground beef for the birds & dog & say sorry to all the bovines for their sacrifice.

Lee, my apologies, I did not realize you did not eat meat! Me on the other hand - a carnivore, mother said I spit the grits on the wall and demanded beef since I was a baby. Sorry, my mistake! :wub:

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

No worries Irina, you've no need to apologize. I thought you'd get a laugh at me eating dog food.

My boy  gets chicken thighs or breasts sold for human consumption.

So,I'm not the old woman so poor she eats kibble, although it too would taste good with bacon :rofl:

Ran , rice certainly has staying power. When they built The Great Wall of China, the mortar  between the bricks contained  sticky rice .

Hammer

A 58 (3.2) today.  As usual, my nightly Lantus insulin dose is constantly changing.  I was taking 72 units every night and my fasting BG levels were in the 70's, then they began to rise.  Once they hit the upper 90's to low 100's, I upped my Lantus dose one unit.  When that made no difference I upped it by another unit.  I kept doing that, until I managed to get my fasting BG levels back into the 70's.  At that point, I had raised the dose from 72 units, to 97 units.

Then, after a few days in the 70's, my BG levels dropped below 70, so I decreased my Lantus dose.  I have to keep decreasing the dose until I can get my fasting BG levels back up into the 70's.  So far, I have decreased it 27 units, and I'm still in the 50's.  It''ll be interesting to see what the end resulting dose will be, and how long that dose will keep me in the 70's.  Oh well, I'm accustomed to this yo-yo-ing of my insulin doses, besides, that's why we have our meters.