Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

ran23

Slow Sunday morning start, poor test of 121 in bed.  BG100 after breakfast (cheese omelet and avocado) 

Ahnanimus

An unsurprising  116 . The  stress is taking it's toll.  This is one of the most painful periods of my life . 

steel

hey everybody <3 checking in again. uhm my doctor asked me to go off metformin. i ended up reducing the dose to half (just 250 mg in the afternoon). sure enough my A1C went up from 4.8 to 5.1.

now a 5.1 is not bad, but i really would like to stay below 5 for as long as possible. and i am going to advocate to put me back on that metformin. i have pcos anyway, so why the heck not. on metformin 250x a day, my fasting was in the 4s and low 5s. taking that night time dose off has brought it up to mid to high 5s. and that's how it was, no matter how low carb i went, before i went on metformin. the beta blocker raised it, and without the 500 mg of metformin a day..it stays in the mid to high fives. and my pp numbers are just a bit higher as well, altho still within my target.

my LDL went up tho, damn. i had it in a very healthy range all year. i wonder why it went up. the only change i made was adding half a teaspoon of coconut oil to milk a few times a week (almond milk i mean). i don't want to go on statins.

gosh i am kinda disappointed in myself.

fasting this morning was 5.0.

Kit

93 here

10 hours ago, steel said:

hey everybody ❤️ checking in again. uhm my doctor asked me to go off metformin. i ended up reducing the dose to half (just 250 mg in the afternoon). sure enough my A1C went up from 4.8 to 5.1.

now a 5.1 is not bad, but i really would like to stay below 5 for as long as possible. and i am going to advocate to put me back on that metformin. i have pcos anyway, so why the heck not. on metformin 250x a day, my fasting was in the 4s and low 5s. taking that night time dose off has brought it up to mid to high 5s. and that's how it was, no matter how low carb i went, before i went on metformin. the beta blocker raised it, and without the 500 mg of metformin a day..it stays in the mid to high fives. and my pp numbers are just a bit higher as well, altho still within my target.

my LDL went up tho, damn. i had it in a very healthy range all year. i wonder why it went up. the only change i made was adding half a teaspoon of coconut oil to milk a few times a week (almond milk i mean). i don't want to go on statins.

gosh i am kinda disappointed in myself.

fasting this morning was 5.0.

Good to see you again @steel

You could try making the deal I made with my doctor.  Two A1Cs below 5.0 in a row before I will consider lowering or removing my metformin dose.

After I dropped from twice a day to once a day, my A1C jumped up half a percentage point and does not seem to want to go back down.  I very rarely see numbers in the 70s anymore and more numbers in the 100s.  It frustrates me, but they are still decent numbers so I can't complain too much.

Doctor doesn't want me to test my BG levels anymore at all.  Just periodic A1Cs.  I told her not a chance in heck.  I have a feeling this is going to be a fun relationship.  :)

meyery2k
2 minutes ago, Kit said:

Doctor doesn't want me to test my BG levels anymore at all.

Huh. My doctor suggested it but, when I declined, there was no more commentary upon it.  I wonder why they would want to try to unring that bell?

Kit
20 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

Huh. My doctor suggested it but, when I declined, there was no more commentary upon it.  I wonder why they would want to try to unring that bell?

I have no idea.  I explained to her how I use that information.  Taking action on readings if too high, testing new foods to see what I can and cannot tolerate.  Reinforcing everything if they are good, etc.  She was even more adamant that I not test, but so far she has not divulged her reason as to why.  We've had the same discussion the last 3 visits.  I aint budging on the subject.  :)

adiantum

I guess I fell into the coronavirus panic buying yesterday & stocked up on coffee.

I need my coffee to start the day.

meyery2k
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

I guess I fell into the coronavirus panic buying yesterday & stocked up on coffee.

You simply made a good investment...