Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

FunDad62

Was at Walmart yesterday and decided to pick up a bottle of hand sanitizer.  They were completely out.  The panic continues....  It's like when there's a 1% chance a hurricane might hit here and everyone runs to the store and buys up all the water, bread, batteries, etc.

Kit

90 for me today.

We're getting hit.  21 cases here in King county with 8 deaths.  Snohomish county (just north of King) has had 6 cases with one death.

adiantum

6.6 @FunDad62, Hand sanitiser has been out of stock here since end of March. See OneEyes alternative in the Daily Chat forum 13th Feb.

Australians have always been able to laugh at ourselves & we're certainly doing that now over this panic buying.

Great jokes among friends at the dogs park at who's bought toilet tissue. The stores are out & factories are working 24/7 to make more. Former passengers of the fatal Diamond Princess are allowed out of quarantine today...I hope they have toilet paper at home.:D

I confessed to the 2pkts toilet paper I'd bought but kept the coffee,dog food,batteries & light bulbs to myself.

I  dont keep batteries or light bulbs on hand so bought them just in case.

This is a good site to keep an update of those infected. Its encouraging to see over 50% have recovered.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

FunDad62

16 hours ago, Hammer said:

An 83 (4.61) today.

Fundad, if they don't have hand sanitizer, see if they have those pre-moistened towelettes.

I don't currently need any.  I was just curious after a co-worker had told me he couldn't find any so I checked.  I keep a 12 ounce bottle of it on my desk and a small bottle in my car.  I wash my hands several times every day so I won't change my routine much.

Edited by FunDad62

Diana_CT

144... that's gross.

I noticed that when I take a reading at 4 or 5 o'clock my reading is high but if I take a reading at 7 or 8 the reading are lower in the teens. I don't know if it is because I slept later or if it is Dawn Phenomena.

adiantum

Australians are easy going & live by the philosophy of "no worries mate", but that seems to be forgotten when we cant stock upon toilet paper.

This weeks best toilet paper panic buying story ..

A 50yr old man was tasered by police after losing the plot in a shop because he couldnt get any toilet paper .:rofl:

He started arguing with staff & another customer & it seems that escalated to assault.

Hes been charged  with two counts of common assault, resist officer in executing his duty , & assault a police officer.

So many people worry about  climate change, elections, finances etc but it seems toilet paper tops the list.

I  cant wait to hear the next Miss World hopeful dropping her cloned interest in world peace & declaring it  ' the availability of toilet paper".:rofl:

meyery2k

I love the "losing the plot reference".

Last Saturday, a Princess cruise ship was docked in the harbor here.  I was thinking to myself, "I hope that isn't a plague ship".  Guess what ship may be quarantined when it gets to San Francisco?   I have a sufficient quantity of toilet paper so I should be OK.  Yes, dark humor, but there is really nothing one can do except practice good hygiene.  My mindset is that it is not likely I will get it.  If I do, then I get a mild case and am asymptomatic, I get ill and better, or I don't make it.  That's how viruses work.

This is my friend in his plague doctor costume from Halloween...

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

ran23

127 today.  big lunch with my friend, out of 33 radiation treatments for throat cancer.   92.  back home and happy to eat again.  

adiantum

Now thats a mask & cape  I'd feel cool wearing .

Would that ship be the Grand Princess? Ooooh it's deceased passenger made headlines here & that it has Australians on board. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/05/health/california-coronavirus-cruise-ship-thursday/index.html

Glad you have ample toilet paper, but wait  until you see the shelves emptying, 

then you think perhaps you'd better get another packet or two to be sure .:D

Yup, i'm confident I'll be OK ...they say the most vulnerable are the old & with awful things like diabetes.

Ran, I hope your friend will be ok.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

Edited by adiantum

Kit

93 here

Eye exam today. Wheee, I get to spend 20+hours blind and a week of extreme pain. Joy of joys. 

Edited by Kit

adiantum

7.4 at 4am then after going back to bed  until 9am it was 6 .

Crikey Kit......... why the pain & lengthy blindness , do they poke you with a stick ?

Ive never experienced pain & just have to wear sun glasses for an hour afterwards. 

I guess theres other tests then those I get.

IrinaHarr

131 today, after a week of fighting bad cold. Missed buying panic, just like others I bought 2 packs of coffee :)

Edited by IrinaHarr