Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

7.1...I hope the PGA has excellent TV coverage.

Sydneys huge Royal Easter Show has been cancelled as are all gatherings exceeding 500.

A stimulus package is in place to encourage spending,  while giving tax relief to small businesses. I get $750.

So many people are unable to work.

I feel for the victims in nursing homes with no family contact & workers in hazmat gear...what a way to end their lives.

Now shoppers are preparing for the long haul & are buying up  freezers

IrinaHarr

137 today amid surprise snow that fell overnight (we had 72F last weekend and 60s the rest of the week). Street looks like winter wonderland ☃️

Closings of public events and social distancing makes most sense to me, the math of spreading the contagion is such that has potential to overwhelm medical system ( like in "going viral"). This is the only measure that can stop virus at this point, gives me hope. I am sure it will be under control within weeks.

Edited by IrinaHarr

Ahnanimus

I've been off the grid because my friend died and making the funeral arrangements was traumatic and exhausting.  Additionally, I've had eye surgery this week and onThursday our country had its first case òf Corona virus. Needless to say, there's been panic buying, fear mongering, mass cancellation of events and closure of all schools and  most public spaces. So far we've had 2 confirmed cases. 

Did someone say "overwhelmed ".

Stay safe and healthy guýs.

adiantum

Ahnanimus, stay safe, stay strong , but above all else, be really kind to yourself .

The " Smartest Country " award  this week goes to New Zealand.....

"Anyone entering New Zealand from midnight (local time) on Sunday will be required to self-isolate for 14 days in an attempt to combat coronavirus, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announces."

Edited by adiantum

meyery2k

@Ahnanimus - Firstly, my condolences for the loss of your friend.  Yes, there is a lot going on.  The only real input I can offer is to just take every day one at a time.  We can only really deal with the present day.  Tomorrow will take care of itself. ~ Mike

FunDad62

We've been given the option of working from home but I came in to the office.  Traffic was more like today was a holiday or something.

Kit

Traffic has been light here for a couple weeks now.  One benefit.

People who can work from home are being allowed to work from home.  I am not one of those people.

meyery2k

A bit of a rant.  Someone posted (inevitably) the Mr. Rogers meme about looking for helpers.  I had a "Larry David" moment (Curb Your Enthusiasm) because this was written for pre-schoolers to help them cope with the understandably frightening concepts they would encounter overhearing the news or people talking.

I wrote my own response and posted this.  It really resonated strongly.  We are adults.  We have understanding that children don't.  We can take action.  IF there weren't "helpers", this site wouldn't even exist.  I applaud you all...

Whenever "scary" things happen in the world, the meme of Mr. Rogers quoting "look for the helpers" is brought out to comfort us. If we all went out and acted as helpers, no one would need to look for them. Did your neighbor comment about not having soap or TP? Do you have some? Give them some. If someone you know is anxious about current events, take a little time to actively listen to them and console them as best you can. Be an unlooked for helper. EVERYONE can be a helper.

IrinaHarr

131 today, resuming fasting today.

My husband and I had bad cold right before covid-19 panic here started. We both stayed home (I am usually well stocked on all things we need), I got sick first, he caught it from me 3 days later; it all started with bronchitis, then progressed to really sore throat, some temperature (I did have 100.4F) and it all happened right after Ash Wednesday mass (exposure to over 300 people).  We do not know what we had, it is possible it was covid-19 but now we will never know.

Here is PBS explanation how social distancing saves lives:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/one-simple-chart-explains-how-social-distancing-saves-lives

Edited by IrinaHarr
share PBS math of virus spread