Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

Ive been in self isolation for 30 years . Its easier for retired folk.

The only difference for me is that the stores stopped online grocery deliveries, so it's a chance to eat from the freezer & be more creative.

I'm even learning how to be more economical with  toilet paper. I had no idea one roll could last so long : ))

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 119

Day 13 of "Social Distancing" 

Well first off, being single and retired nothing has really changed except visiting friends and doing volunteer work.

So today a jail break is in the planning!

I'm going grocery shopping this morning and for a "social distancing" walk in the park.

meyery2k

93 today.  Beginning tomorrow the state is under "stay at home, work at home directive".  I already do 90% of my work from home.  I am considered essential, working in telecom, so if I have to visit a site that is down, I can. 

My daughter works with people to teach them how to be social.  It's complicated for me to explain without sounding offensive but, as an example, her client might have Asperger's or something similar.  She takes them to social settings like the mall, the beach, shopping, and works with them on life skills.  Her job is considered essential too since her patients are used to a regimen and is considered assisting the disabled.  They will work in home so, I suppose, she will teach cooking, cleaning, and self-care.  One of her funniest stories early on was to ask me for advice on what to do with someone that constantly plucked at their crotch.  I gave it a little thought and suggested positive reinforcement that we don't do that and try misdirection.  Now she is a trooper and that stuff doesn't faze her.  I understand the client does that much less now with repetitive positive encouragement.  She is a favorite with the clients and the care givers.  I would have to say she is resilient enough for a job like that.

For privacy reasons she is not supposed to discuss cases but she brought one client over as an emergency for me to fix.  He somehow get a barbed fish hook in his pants and Kala had no idea, or tools, to remove it.  She brought him over and I cut the hook with some wire cutters and pushed it out.  No damage to the pants and I teased him that he wasn't a fish and stay away from hooks.

Kala later told me it was a little awkward when the client was telling everyone he wanted to go to the nice man's house again, lol...

Now, for something completely different, a grammar lesson...

Image may contain: possible text that says 'I'm giving up drinking for a month. Sorry, bad punctuation. I'm giving up. Drinking for a month.'

adiantum

7.4  because of cashews & zero before bedtime?

Maybe stress, as my dog refused to eat last night & hes usually a foodie.

I'm sorry for those on cruises  but am glad theyre no longer able to berth here. They seem to be the virus vector.

Our further social restrictions were applied last night .At this stage the ones that will affect me are in real estate & hairdressing.

No open house inspections nor auctions. Hairdressers are allowed to work but the time permitted is less then 1 hour.

Other restrictions that wont affect me.. funerals to be less then 10 mourners, weddings to be just the 2 witnesses etc...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-25/coronavirus-updates-covid19-tokyo-olympics-usa-epicentre-india/12086878

FunDad62

I fell asleep the past two nights without taking my meds.  Bad Steve.

@janice - Yes!  It's much quieter.  And I see more walkers out my window than usual.  I read the water in the canals in Venice have become crystal clear with the boats being halted.

@meyery2k  - Kudos to Kayla!  That sounds like a very rewarding career.  I think I would enjoy helping people that way.  Is it too late for a career change???

Diana_CT

My backyard is adjacent to a main state road and the traffic has greatly dropped off by about half.

Day 14 of Social Isolation… er… Social Distancing 

Same as all the other days except that I dropped off my bills at the post office and went grocery shopping. The only thing different at the grocery store was when I went to get my cart, there was a store clerk who handed me my cart after she wiped the cart with a disinfectant.

At night I had a NASW macro committee meeting (National Association of Social Workers) which was held via a conference call. It wasn’t very productive because everything we had planned was canceled. Workshops on macro social work… canceled. Macro social workers career panel... canceled. Social Workers meet and greet… canceled. The state NASW CT conference… canceled. One of our concerns was social workers need so many Continuing Education Credits each year to keep their licence and they might not be able to take classes this year. 

meyery2k

94 today.

I was riding my bike yesterday and there was much less traffic.  Much like a Sunday morning.  It was late afternoon and I was going up a normally busy stretch and realized I could hear the stream and bird calls which are usually masked by the bustle of humanity.

I was riding past a park (closed) where we camped during a tsunami warning since I live in an evacuation area.  I was wondering what I would do if there was a warning now.  15 minutes later, my phone alerts me there is a tsunami watch, doh!  After about an hour, it was cancelled.

5 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Kudos to Kayla!  That sounds like a very rewarding career.  I think I would enjoy helping people that way.  Is it too late for a career change???

@FunDad62 - She loves it.  She is worried for her clients and wants to help them. 

adiantum

I've not noticed any differences apart from no fun run held at the weekend. 

In the carpark beside the dog park was the regular stopover for the 6 aged cyclists.

They ignored the 2yd distance rule & were shoulder to shoulder repairing bikes.

IrinaHarr

I have a question: last year and a half I had 90+ day supply of 1000mg metformin in my medicine cabinet that I did not toss out when doctor switched me to janumet. Is that metformin still ok to take? I really do not want to go to the hospital lab to test my a1c smack in the middle of quarantines. 

TX_Clint
34 minutes ago, IrinaHarr said:

I have a question: last year and a half I had 90+ day supply of 1000mg metformin in my medicine cabinet that I did not toss out when doctor switched me to janumet. Is that metformin still ok to take? I really do not want to go to the hospital lab to test my a1c smack in the middle of quarantines. 

I'd say pop'em they should easily be ok.

adiantum

I'd take them.

1 hour ago, IrinaHarr said:

Ahnanimus

99 today.  I'm not testing every day because I'm running low on strips and don't want to go out 

Hammer
11 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

A 94 (5.22) today.

Irina, is there an expiration date on the metformin?  Typically, the expiration dates on many prescription pills is several years in the future, so if you got the metformin roughly 2 years ago, it's probably not past the expiration date, but even if it is, it's probably still okay to take, I mean, if it's past the expiration date, it's not going to turn into poison, it would most likely just lose some of it's effectiveness.