Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

meyery2k

103 today, bah..

I notice other runners or cyclists are quite friendly towards one another.  There seems to be an unspoken consensus that if you are working out you are not ill.  Wouldn't bet my life on it but I can see where it makes sense.

adiantum

5.6..crikey :blink:

No late night snacks before sleeping 10 hours?

Yesterday the postie delivered an echidna toy I'd ordered to appreciate  the qualities of  this amazing animal . It not only is the totem of my indigenous tribe but it is a striking resemblance of my nature.. a loner that becomes very spiky when irritated.  :rofl: 

Unfortunately.. the dog claimed it.

853689170_416838970_1_360x464.jpg

FunDad62

@adiantum - this is my coffee cup coaster at my computer.  I have a Texas cousin that's lived in New Zealand for 30+ years.  My parents went to visit a dozen years ago and gave me this.  A little worn and hard to see but still functional!

IMG_2114.JPG

Diana_CT

I caught up on calling friends to see how they are doing, I listened to an audiobook out on the deck to soak up some sun, had a conference call and that was pretty much my day 15 of social isolation. 

Oh yeah, I also started a diary of my thoughts about the pandemic. 

IrinaHarr

126 today.

Lee, sorry to hear about GBR bleaching event that is happening right now. So much of amazing marine life vanishing...

IrinaHarr
On 3/26/2020 at 2:53 AM, Hammer said:

Irina, is there an expiration date on the metformin?  Typically, the expiration dates on many prescription pills is several years in the future, so if you got the metformin roughly 2 years ago, it's probably not past the expiration date, but even if it is, it's probably still okay to take, I mean, if it's past the expiration date, it's not going to turn into poison, it would most likely just lose some of it's effectiveness.

One bottle (about 30 pills) said discard after 12/10/19 which is only 3 months after expiration date. The other 2 bottles (180 pills each) says 02/19/19, I bet if I pop these and get metformin runs it will prove pills still work :rofl:

adiantum

I dont remember when we were directed to isolation ,It was before my last grocery delivery March 8th.

Diana I'm glad your keeping count, thanks for doing that.

Irina, it is sad to see the GBR in such a critical stage.

FunDad, the Kiwi is an interesting bird just as amazing is its NZ home. We have great neighbors.

My critter is an echidna, a monotreme mammal thats about 18inchs long. They have fur on the undersides & sharp spines on the back. 

They lift those spines when confronted .

10286592-1x1-940x940.jpg

Hammer

A 94 (4.22) again today.

Irina, I usually don't get too concerned about expiration dates on medications, since they have a safety net built in....like they give you an expiration date that is way sooner that what the medication needs.  Heck, I've got medications that had an expiration date back in the early 2000's, and they're still effective.  One thing that I was told, and which I've found to be true, if you have aspirin that has passed it's expiration date, open up the bottle and smell it.  If it smells like soap, throw it out.

meyery2k

93 today.  My cycling group has suspended meeting for now.  I wouldn't have joined today.  We are on stay at home.  Going out to exercise individually is allowed (I think they police turn a blind eye to couple) but I didn't think attracting attention by riding with a group of 5-10 cyclists was a good idea.  Being a scofflaw and riding through the park is one thing but this would be put me among the ranks of the ne'er do wells...

Diana_CT

Yeah, it is high. I had a bowl of Lobster Bisque for supper.

Day 16

I had take-out from the seafood place in town. Because of the virus you can now order on line and when you pull up to the restaurant the waitress comes out to your car to bring you you order, she was wearing a mask. I also ordered a Maine Lobster Roll (with mayo not butter) which I'm having for lunch today without the roll.

I caught up on my phone calls to my friends and brother.

I have been downloading books, audiobooks and movies from my library online. If you have a library cards I suggest you check out your library online, you will be amazed to see what they are offering. My local library is offering video conference calls for reading kids books. You can use Zoom and let your children watch a librarian read the children's book.

adiantum

This coronavirus has unsettled me.

I couldnt turn my mind off to fall asleep last night. I mustve struggled with it nearly an hour & thats just  not me.

I just cant afford to get it for my dogs sake.

Those I know would take care of him but he'd not settle with them & actually be terrified enough to escape.

He is scared of men & children so I'll just have to be extra cautious.