Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Kit

87 for me

Snow is in the forecast.  Actually last night as I was pulling into home, big fat flakes started falling.  Luckily, none of it stuck this time.

adiantum

6.8 I tried to be a Rip Van Winkle but my dog insisted I wake up.

Ive found an advantage of this heat were having... theres no mosquitoes. YAY

I guess its because theres no casual water lying around.

Hooterville

83 and down 5 lbs since starting Whole30 on 1/2/2020.   Lantus down 5 units as well.   

janice21475
18 hours ago, Ahnanimus said:

I guess  goat cheese with  cranberry  doesn't like me.

I would look closer at the cranberry. It is so bitter something has to be added to make it palatable. Hope you have a nice weekend.

meyery2k

I came across some cream cheese with jalapeno and cranberry dip.  While it was good, there was a little added sugar so I would have to eat small quantities.  The jalapeno and cranberry made an interesting pairing.

Kit

Sweet and spicy is a good combination. You see it a lot in different cuisines. 

90 even here

adiantum

washed out from yesterdays heat but the advantage of retirement is that I dont have to do anything today.

Hammer
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

washed out from yesterdays heat but the advantage of retirement is that I dont have to do anything today.

Lee, yes, that is the advantage of being retired.  If there is something that you need to do but don't feel like doing it that day, you can just put if off until the next day....or the day after that...or until you forget about it.😊

adiantum

with such a poor short term memory we can be assured I'll forget about it :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Lee, yes, that is the advantage of being retired.  If there is something that you need to do but don't feel like doing it that day, you can just put if off until the next day....or the day after that...or until you forget about it.😊

Hammer
9 minutes ago, adiantum said:

with such a poor short term memory we can be assured I'll forget about it :rofl: 

I was going to say that in my post above....how getting old makes a person forgetful.

Edited by Hammer

OneEye
3 hours ago, Hammer said:

I was going to say that in my post above....how getting old makes a person forgetful.

I'm getting that these last few months. Get up, slip my shoes on, walk outside and then forget why I'm out there. Happens with things to do, also. I pick a few things to do...right in the middle of the first thing...I forget what the rest were. I'm hoping that there's a point where this stops. That point being that I forget every movie I've ever seen. That's a lotta new movies! 11smile.png

Edited by OneEye

Hammer
11 minutes ago, OneEye said:

I'm getting that these last few months. Get up, slip my shoes on, walk outside and then forget why I'm out there. Happens with things to do, also. I pick a few things to do...right in the middle of the first thing...I forget what the rest were. I'm hoping that there's a point where this stops. That point being that I forget every movie I've ever seen. That's a lotta new movies! 11smile.png

I agree OneEye, as we age, our memory gets worse.  Heck, if my memory gets any worse, I'll be able to hide my own Easter Eggs!

OneEye

I found the memory thing a bit challenging at first. Then I discovered downloadable calendars and Win7 Notepad. If it's gonna happen...I write it on my calendar. If it already happened...I write it in Notepad. Wanna know how much I spent on groceries in April of 2015? I got that. Another one is Things Bought and the date I bought them. WintAir A/C June 10th 2006. Replaced June 16th 2019...bearings on their way out.  Read on the net the average lifespan of a window A/C is 13-15 years. Looks like they're right. Gave the old 10,000 BTU A/C to a lady here in the park...she just loves it. She's "a bit hard of hearing, says she can't hear no bearings!" Bless her heart!

Hammer
1 minute ago, OneEye said:

I found the memory thing a bit challenging at first. Then I discovered downloadable calendars and Win7 Notepad. If it's gonna happen...I write it on my calendar. If it already happened...I write it in Notepad. Wanna know how much I spent on groceries in April of 2015? I got that. Another one is Things Bought and the date I bought them. WintAir A/C June 10th 2006. Replaced June 16th 2019...bearings on their way out.  Read on the net the average lifespan of a window A/C is 13-15 years. Looks like they're right. Gave the old 10,000 BTU A/C to a lady here in the park...she just loves it. She's "a bit hard of hearing, says she can't hear no bearings!" Bless her heart!

WOW!  The lifespan of a window A/c unit is 13-15 years?  What brand have you been buying?  My window A/C units last about 2-3 years at most.  The window A/C unit that I use for this computer room is 4 years old, which is the longest lasting A/C unit that I've ever had.  I'm expecting it to die this coming summer, which usually happens when all of the stores have run out of A/C units, so I have to order one online, which takes too long, since the wait time for one means that I have to do without, meaning that I have to suffer with the heat for days, which just kills me.(anything over 50°F is too hot for me.)  That reminds me...I need to order at least one new A/C unit for this computer room, since the unit in my bedroom is new, and replaced the previous unit last summer, so my bedroom A/C should last thru next summer.  Since the unit for this computer room is 4 years old, I expect it to die this year, so having a new one ready to install is what I usually keep on hand to avoid the wait to order and receive a new one.

OneEye
13 minutes ago, Hammer said:

WOW!  The lifespan of a window A/c unit is 13-15 years?  What brand have you been buying?  My window A/C units last about 2-3 years at most.  The window A/C unit that I use for this computer room is 4 years old, which is the longest lasting A/C unit that I've ever had.  I'm expecting it to die this coming summer, which usually happens when all of the stores have run out of A/C units, so I have to order one online, which takes too long, since the wait time for one means that I have to do without, meaning that I have to suffer with the heat for days, which just kills me.(anything over 50°F is too hot for me.)  That reminds me...I need to order at least one new A/C unit for this computer room, since the unit in my bedroom is new, and replaced the previous unit last summer, so my bedroom A/C should last thru next summer.  Since the unit for this computer room is 4 years old, I expect it to die this year, so having a new one ready to install is what I usually keep on hand to avoid the wait to order and receive a new one.

In 2000 the original roof A/C on my trailer gave it up. Worked for 22 years. Guy across from me bought a fixer-upper RV with two A/C units on the roof. I bought one of 'em from him for $100. Worked for 6 years. I wanted new this time. Went down to Feather River RV to see about a roof A/C. $500+...yeah, I don't think so...I ain't just passin' through town. Drove over to Walmart and looked over their selection. For my trailer...5,000 BTUs were recommended...so I bought a 10,000 BTU window A/C. I'd cut a hole in that aluminum box if I had to. Brand was a WintAir, came with a remote control! WooHoo! A sleep mode, I could set it for like a half hour then off to sleep. Even go out for a few hours and have it turn on 15 minutes before I got home.

Remote finally gave out. Searched the net and some "remote" place had one for a WintAir for $57. I don't think so. China had a universal A/C remote for $2.16. I bought 5 of them. Installed the A/C so it had that slant to it; kept the filter clean; every few years I'd steam the coil fins and get the gunk off them. When it wasn't hot out I'd still turn the A/C on for a few minutes. I'd rather do that than turn it on in July and get a big surprise. I think I paid $119 for it at WalMart.

The new A/C? Frigidaire, 12,000 BTU. Remote came with an LCD readout. I like having one remote here at the front of the trailer and one at the back where I sleep. I ordered another remote from Frigidaire. It never showed up. I called, told 'em I was gonna try a universal remote...so they sent the money back to my bank. 2 days later I went out to the mail box...there was the remote, two weeks late...but who cares, I saved $37. This particular remote also has a sensing device in it. You set the A/C on "remote sensing" and the temperature you want and wherever that remote is...that's the temperature you're going to get.

5,000 BTU recommended for my trailer's square footage. 5,000 BTU of A/C in April is just right. But...you have to remember, I live in an aluminum box that in late July, when the sun's up and it's noon...you can't touch the side of that trailer. A/C on high, sittin' in the back of the trailer my thermostat says 80 degrees. Any higher BTUs and I'd have to go 240V. I'm not exactly thrilled about diggin' through stuff to find an extension cord...let alone wire this thing for 240V.