Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

60's Its toughened glass so will live forever

2 minutes ago, ran23 said:

Does that Green Glass set go back to the 50's or 60's?

ran23

I just caught the News from Victoria, 4 PD Officers and a Porsche speeder. //  I used to know a collector of Green Glass.   

adiantum

I used to collect green uranium glass. Green is my favorite colour .

The death of the 4 police officers is incredibly sad. Just doing their job & now so many people are grieving deeply

The driver of the refrigerator  truck is under police guard in hospital.

The Porsche driver fled the scene after taking photos . 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-23/victoria-police-officers-killed-kew-eastern-freeway-crash/12175656

meyery2k
13 hours ago, adiantum said:

60's Its toughened glass so will live forever

Not with my cats or children...

85 today.

adiantum

Porsche driver in custody, charged with multiple offences after tragic truck crash.

Victorian police lay multiple charges against 41-year-old Richard Pusey after he allegedly fled the scene where four officers were killed when a truck crashed into them on Wednesday.

On Thursday morning, police alleged Richard Pusey was travelling at 140 kilometres per hour before the car was pulled over by police.

Late on Thursday evening police formally charged Mr Pusey, a mortgage broker, with multiple offences.

Those charges are:

• Three counts of commit indictable offence while on bail
  • Driving speed dangerous
  • Reckless conduct endangering life
  • Fail to remain after a drug test
  • Fail to render assistance
  • Fail to exchange detail
  • Possessing drug of dependence
  • Destruction of evidence

Mr Pusey was remanded in custody and will appear at Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Friday

Hammer

A 66 (3.66) today.

Lee, I sometimes go on a shopping spree myself, but when I do, it's not for the things that you like to buy.  I just ordered a new handgun, ammo for it, and two pocket holsters for it.  I haven't had any luck with all of the conceal carry holsters that I've bought so far (I'm too fat and they rub my side), so I decided to order a pocket pistol, and a few holsters for it, figuring that it at least, won't rub my side.  Maybe this will work out for me so that I can conceal carry a pocket pistol.  I hope that it does work out because I can't afford to keep buying holsters or guns.  I have a conceal carry permit, and it's doing me no good if I can't conceal carry.  I know that people might be thinking, "Why do you need to conceal carry a gun?"  Well, as I am getting up in age, I am no longer able to fight off an attacker, so a gun is what is called a "force equalizer", meaning that, regardless of how weak you are, if a younger, stronger person attacks you, maybe to rob you or to try and steal your car, you have a way to defend yourself.

The thing about carrying a gun on you is that, you have to be aware of how dangerous it is, and what the consequences are if you shoot someone....or even if you just lift your shirt and display your gun.  Carrying a gun is a serious issue, and the gun owner needs to know all of the legalities of carrying a gun. I am constantly reading and learning about carrying a gun, because I want to be a responsible gun owner, as most law abiding gun owners are.

adiantum

Hammer...Pffft,  as you know , I have zero tolerance to your kind of shopping.:aetsch:

I cant get that horrific accident off my mind & wondering how it couldve happened.

The refrigerated truck driving at 100kmh / 62 mph  veered into the emergency lane killing the 4 police officers.

Could that have been a case of staring at something that in turn caused the driver to  subconsciously  steer in that direction?

Diana_CT

This seems out of line with what I ate yesterday.

Day 39
In the afternoon I had a two hour Zoom call yesterday for a committee that I’m on… ugh!
In the evening I had a two hour Zoom call for a support group for a medical condition I have and that I run support group… double ugh!

Today on my agenda, going grocery shopping and a run to Home Depot

At Home Depot I need to pickup material (Ceiling fan, track lighting, and stuff for the tile fireplace hearth) for the cottage addition. I researched the items online and I copied down the locations aisle and bay of what I need to buy so in theory I should be able to zip though the store. Got my masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers.
All of the hand sanitizers were sold out, everything that I thought of were sold out. So I thought outside of the box. When I was at the seafood place I got some of those lobster hand wipes… Hmm. I looked them up online, alcohol, aloe, and a fragrance. So I order a box of a 100 and they came yesterday. I figured they are better than nothing.

meyery2k
4 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

All of the hand sanitizers were sold out

One day at Office Max, they had a plentiful supply of alcohol prep pads but were out of everything else.  They worked great.  I also had a couple of bottles of 91% isopropyl for brake cleaning on my bikes.  I can water it down if needed.  In a pinch, vodka can be used too.  In the theatre, the costumes are misted with vodka to sanitize them and remove body odor.

The low carb diet seems to have promoted out of box thinking in many of us :)

Diana_CT
8 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

In a pinch, vodka can be used too.  In the theatre, the costumes are misted with vodka to sanitize them and remove body odor.

When I first moved into the cottage, I scrapped my arm on a rusty, dirty piece of metal and after I washed it out I wanted a disinfectant to wash the cut out with. But I hadn't bought any first aid supplies yet, so what can I use? A friend left a bottle of tequila... Hmm. So I washed the cut out with tequila and took a swig for myself.

Hammer

An 80 (4.44) today.  Why buy vodka when you can buy grain alcohol at the liquor store?  Rubbing alcohol is typically 70% or 91% alcohol, vodka is typically 80 proof (40% alcohol), and grain alcohol is typically 190 proof (95% alcohol.)

As for the 90% rubbing alcohol, I have 3 bottles of it.  I use it to wipe my finger off before I use my lancing device to prick my finger, then, after I've pricked my finger, the cotton ball that I soaked with the alcohol is used to wipe off the top of the lancing device, as well as the lancet.  I have found that, sometimes, when I lance my finger, a tiny droplet of blood gets on the top of the lancing device, so wiping it off as soon as I've used it, removes that droplet of blood.

meyery2k

My friend has a still and makes alcohol with sugar, water, and yeast.

Hammer

You can make wine very easily.  Take grape juice, add some yeast and lots of sugar, mix it all up, then pour it into a glass bottle.  Once you have the bottle filled, place a balloon over the top of the bottle.  As the mixture begins to ferment, the balloon will begin to inflate.  After a few weeks, the balloon will begin to deflate.  Once the balloon has completely deflated, it should be ready to drink.

My brother used to make wine like this, which is why I remember how to make it.  If anyone wants the recipe, I just Googled it, and found it here.

adiantum

ANZAC Day                   

Australian & New Zealand Army Corps

April 25th is the anniversary of the first military battle fought together in WW1

Lest We Forget

images.jpg

Diana_CT
4 hours ago, Hammer said:

You can make wine very easily.  Take grape juice, add some yeast and lots of sugar, mix it all up, then pour it into a glass bottle.  Once you have the bottle filled, place a balloon over the top of the bottle.  As the mixture begins to ferment, the balloon will begin to inflate.  After a few weeks, the balloon will begin to deflate.  Once the balloon has completely deflated, it should be ready to drink.

My brother used to make wine like this, which is why I remember how to make it.  If anyone wants the recipe, I just Googled it, and found it here.

I did that in college back in the early 70s. When my father died and we were cleaning out the house we came across a 30 year old bottle of the stuff so we tried... my sister-in-law got smashed!

IrinaHarr

127 today, I have to harden my seedlings before planting them. It is a bit of fussing bringing them out for an hour or two and remember to bring them back before they get sunburn, but somewhat rewarding (and costs less than buying plants at the garden center). I have so many I usually share with neighbors. 🍅 🌶️ 🥒 🥀 🌱

FunDad62

@adiantum - I had to read a couple of articles about the crash and police officers killed to kind of see what happened.  As I understand it, they had stopped the Porsche driver and were waiting to impound his car when the refrigerator truck went into the emergency lane and hit them.  What confused me is they said the Porsche ended up halfway under the refrigerator truck, but it also says the driver of the Porsche took photos of the accident scene, drove off and posted them on the internet?

When I was younger I had planned on becoming a police officer.  I was trying to get a job as a dispatcher to get my foot in the door but I ended up getting a job with the fire department instead, which I did for four years.  I wouldn't be a police officer today for anything.  God bless the good ones.

IrinaHarr

Vodka was used for cleaning wounds for ages, it may not be a 99.99% germs killing household cleaning antiseptic but it does the job of cleaning wounds just fine. 🍸

meyery2k
2 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

Vodka was used for cleaning wounds for ages, it may not be a 99.99% germs killing household cleaning antiseptic but it does the job of cleaning wounds just fine.

I know it is a cheap shot but you can also take it internally as well, lol...  I believe that the President's statement was taken out of context but it was a humorous idea.

89 today.