Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

meyery2k

86 yesterday.  It was a nice day to ride.  I received my new ambassador kit.  Remember the Irish saying, "May the road rise to meet you?"  It did...  Up and up and up lol...

84 today...

Image may contain: Michael Meyer, standing and outdoorImage may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

adiantum

Mike that road looks awesome. Lush green foliage...beautiful.

So this is Monday, I must take this dog to his park & at time when other dogs are likely to be there.

I'm getting tired of throwing the ball through the house, so have been giving him a new toy but theyre $18 each & Ive only got 2 left in a hiding spot.

His latest toy is always his favorite, perhaps if I wash the others they might taste better.

I need to buy kerosene so park first. 

760629970_1_720x928.jpg

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

Yet another 101 (5.61) today.

Lee, I watched a report ( I believe it was from Canada) where an elderly gentleman took his dog out to let the dog do his business.  The guy walked the dog around the grassy area around his apartment complex's parking lot like he did every day.  When he got back to his apartment, there were two police officers standing there.  As he walked up to them and asked what the problem was, they handed him an $880 ticket for not wearing a mask.  I know here in the states that you don't need a mask if you are walking or jogging in a park, or other open area.  I don't know the rules in Canada, but if the police were waiting for him at his apartment door, someone must have called the police on him, otherwise, how would the police know where he lived?  The guy said that they could throw him in jail, because he would not pay one dime of that $880.

adiantum

There must be more to that story.  or perhaps the old bloke is a fool & instead of mouthing off all he'd have to do is appeal the fine.

It wont happen like that in Australia.

To be  outdoors without a reasonable excuse you   would receive  warnings from the police on 3 separate occasions..

The 4th time they will issue you with a $1,000 fine.

Being outdoors is fine if you are working, shopping or exercising & taking the dog out is considered exercise.

Ive never seen anyone wearing a mask.

They only have to be worn if you have just returned from overseas & are on your way home to isolate for 14 days.

or

You have the virus or flu & dont want to infect others, while you head home to self isolate.

or

First line service providers will use one to help prevent from catching it from others.

Ive just spent 2 hours in the park & saw about 14 people , then went to the service station within an industrial estate & saw about 6 there .

None were wearing a mask.

adiantum

hammer, I stopped the video at 3mins 26 seconds because that old bloke was at fault.

He was quarantined owing to his trip to Mexico, therefore should not have been outdoors.

He still had 2 days left of his quarantine period.

That yard was not his private property but community grounds for all residents.

I posted a similar situation here in Australia. A young man from a cruise ship was put into quarantine but he sneaked out through a fire escape & caught public transport to visit a girlfriend. Like that old bloke, he showed no respect for others .

He was warned yet continued to go out & is now serving jail time.

Someone had to have reported theold bloke, someone  that deserves good health & not have to tolerate such arrogance.

edit: posted 16th April in the coronavirus forum..

A Perth West Australia  man has become the first person in Australia to be jailed for breaching emergency coronavirus laws after he repeatedly snuck out of his hotel room while he was supposed to be in quarantine. He was given a 6month sentence  of which one month will be served in jail & 5 months doing community work.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-15/man-jailed-for-breaching-coronavirus-quarantine-by-leaving-hotel/12149908

Edited by adiantum

FunDad62

I get so annoyed every time I go to a store and 80% of people are not wearing a mask.  Including most of the employees.  This is why the virus is still spreading so rapidly. Ugh.

Hammer
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

hammer, I stopped the video at 3mins 26 seconds because that old bloke was at fault.

He was quarantined owing to his trip to Mexico, therefore should not have been outdoors.

He still had 2 days left of his quarantine period.

That yard was not his private property but community grounds for all residents.

I posted a similar situation here in Australia. A young man from a cruise ship was put into quarantine but he sneaked out through a fire escape & caught public transport to visit a girlfriend. Like that old bloke, he showed no respect for others .

He was warned yet continued to go out & is now serving jail time.

Someone had to have reported theold bloke, someone  that deserves good health & not have to tolerate such arrogance.

edit: posted 16th April in the coronavirus forum..

A Perth West Australia  man has become the first person in Australia to be jailed for breaching emergency coronavirus laws after he repeatedly snuck out of his hotel room while he was supposed to be in quarantine. He was given a 6month sentence  of which one month will be served in jail & 5 months doing community work.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-15/man-jailed-for-breaching-coronavirus-quarantine-by-leaving-hotel/12149908

Well, I disagree with you on this.  The man took the back stairs, so as to avoid contact with people in the elevator, he walked his dog for 5-6 minutes around the parking lot, where there were no people in sight, so there was no way that he could have spread the virus IF he had it, which he didn't.  Sure, he had 2 more days to go on his quarantine, but if he didn't have any symptoms after 12 days, who cares?  He didn't come into contact with anyone when he walked his dog.  If he had walked his dog 2 days later, what difference would that have made?

You take your dog to the dog park, right?  How would you react if you had 2 police officers waiting at your front door, handing you a ticket for $880, because you walked your dog?  Yes, I know, you wouldn't have been under quarantine, but what difference does that make if you aren't in direct contact with other people?  

I'm sorry, but this is just government overstepping their authority....ticketing a man because he walked his dog.  Who did he put in danger?....NO ONE!

adiantum
2 hours ago, TX_Clint said:

86 this morning. Lee and Hammer, start a new thread.

No worries Clint.

6.8 I was exhausted after yesterdays  walking so was in bed by 8pm .

IrinaHarr

131 today, another pound down due to extra day of fasting during the week, we now do Mon , Wed and Fri as 100% fasting days. In this social distancing we we could only maintain current weight with 2 days of fasting. Locked up at home with fridge overfilled with food. Dah! 🥨 🍕🍔🥩🧀🌭🍰🍸

adiantum

7.3 too many cashews?

I returned to the park  yesterday to walk as I feel as  if my joints are stiffening up with this isolation.

Then my dogs friends arrived so he walked further with them, while I rested in the car.

My knee didnt want to bend this morning.

Irina is my hero... fasting even two days a week sounds painful to me.

I even suspect the neighbours would report me for noise pollution  over my tummy grumbles.