Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

6 on this beautiful day of 24C / 75F

Its a day that will be enjoyed in the garden. I've been worried about going to the garden tap , the old galvanized pipe was breaking down as the first of  water was rusty & wasting water is not to be done here. Ive also been worried that I'd fall trying to get to it. Over the years the garden has grown & would brush against me. I loved the growth & didnt want to prune, so often I'd have to look for my glasses that had been flung among the bushes. Then there was the hazardous uneven pavers that threatened to trip me . The plumber disconnected that tap &  put in a tap in a better position 

FunDad62

Probably a combination of the jasmine rice I had last night and missing my evening meds two nights ago.

@adiantum - Ha..I didn't even notice that birds nest until you said something.  I have no clue what species.  Probably a mockingbird since there's so dang many of them around here.

So during the covid stay at home time, I've started spending the first hour or two in the mornings on my second floor deck with my laptop and coffee.  I really enjoy it and wonder why I haven't been doing it for the past two years that I've lived here.  But the couple that live under me are both chain smokers and they open their porch door first thing in the morning and leave it open until they go to bed.  And their cigarette smoke drifts up here.  I can smell it right now.  Kind of ruins the whole "nature" thing of sitting out here watching and listening to the birds.  The good news is the husband is the worst offender and he started going back to work last Monday, so I don't have to smell it on weekdays for now.

meyery2k

89 today.  Yesterday's bike ride got to a squally start.  After 100 miles, I was near the same spot and took a photo showing that the weather improved greatly...

Image may contain: ocean, cloud, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: cloud, sky, ocean, outdoor, nature and water

adiantum

Mike, what a difference a ( fraction of  ) day makes.

Is that dead wood lying about  remnants of the volcano's damage?

FunDad, I feed Butcher birds " Cracticus torquatus  at the window as I sit at the computer. They give a gentle sound to let me know theyre  there, but recently a pesky Indian Miner has mocked the sound & has gotten rewards from me as I pass meat out without looking. I've got to stop that & look first.

Edited by adiantum

FunDad62

The air conditioning in my apartment went on the fritz yesterday.  Thankfully the evening temps are pleasant.  Landlord is sending someone over today hopefully.

IrinaHarr

132 today, time to freshen up landscaping in front of the house (I ran out of chores in the back yard :)

meyery2k
15 hours ago, adiantum said:

Is that dead wood lying about  remnants of the volcano's damage?

Lee - That is driftwood brought in by the tides.  Lot's of good finds there if one is interested in collecting.

94 today.

meyery2k
15 hours ago, adiantum said:

but recently a pesky Indian Miner

Lee - I think we have these here too...

Common Myna - eBird

adiantum

7 for me

Mike thats the darned pesky bird & theyre very aggressive .

The one that hides most of the day in the shrubs outside my office window  has poor feather arrangement .

Ive wondered if its a descendant of one a few years ago that had a bald yellow head & a thick row of feathers like a collar.

I named it Friar Tuck.

Diana_CT

groceryshopping.jpg

Today I am going to go for the weekly grocery shopping, I have the route all planned; through door, down through the vegetables grabbing onions, peppers and tomatoes... zip around the deli with its crowd waiting to get served, down to the meats, then a mad dash down to the milk coolers, finally up the bread aisle and straight run to the cashiers.

meyery2k

90 this morning.

4 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

zip around the deli with its crowd waiting to get served, down to the meats, then a mad dash down to the milk coolers, finally up the bread aisle and straight run to the cashiers

Football Play Diagram Stock Illustrations – 577 Football Play ...

janice21475
On 5/10/2020 at 12:13 PM, meyery2k said:

Image may contain: ocean, cloud, sky, outdoor, nature and water

This is my favorite! Thanks for sharing the two.

adiantum

With my groceries being delivered , the only outing I have is to the dog park & theres nothing there to touch except the garbage bin.

I'll start to bring my dogs bag of waste home so I only touch my bin.

Diana, I love that image & beg to borrow it :rofl: