Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 116

It is April weather here, I actually have the windows open in mid January. It is supposed to get up in the low 60s (15 C) today and almost 70 (21 C) tomorrow, by next weekend they are saying snow again. 

janice21475
40 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

91 on a rainy day.  Hanging posters for "Our Town".  We will be in costume hanging posters on the main street.  Should be a fun, if damp, activity.

https://hiloplayers.org/current-productions/

Hi Mike, Went to the link trying to see the name of the artist of that poster. I love it. It wasn't there, if anyone knows it, please , let me know, OK? :)

adiantum

Today is the 12th year anniversary of my joining df.

Yesterday I took up running...sprinting,but I dont want to do it again.

I'm just too old for such activity.

Earlier I'd been too weary to even prepare lunch. The online grocery order had arrived & beside me was a box of Atkins bars.

I'd not had them before & they tasted pretty good but perhaps one isnt meant to eat all 5 bars.

I could no longer pamper the weariness ,I had to start running.

With so many packed crates along the hallway I even considered pole vaulting.

adiantum

That "Our Town" play does look good.

Looking forward to hear of the preparations,cast & performances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Town

Life and death in an American small town
Genre Drama
Setting 1901 to 1913. Grover's Corners, New Hampshire near Massachusetts.

ran23

Lunch out:  Denver omelet,  hash browns, sub biscuit for fruit cup(grapes, banana, pineapple)   home to 123.   just a little hash browns, guessing it was the pineapple?   30 min walk, down to 85.

Hammer

A 96 (5.33) today, well actually Saturday, since I just now got on my computer.  I was watching the Baltimore Ravens play the Tennessee Titans in a playoff game, and as I expected the Ravens lost.  You can't have your starters take off for three weeks, and expect them to be sharp on game day.  The Ravens were rusty and it showed.  I was hoping that the Ravens would win, since I am originally from Baltimore, but they didn't, so that's the way it goes.  I am not a fan of any football team, so whether or not the Ravens win or lose, I couldn't care less....their win or loss has no impact on my life, so why be concerned about a win or loss?  My life will go on as usual, and any professional sports team will not affect my life in any way.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 112.

It is 5:30 in the morning on January 12 and it is 63 degrees out (17 C) and it is supposed to get up in the 70s today (20 C), normal temperatures for January is in the 20s (-6 C).

The ponds are not frozen over and the ground is also not frozen, I worry that we will have a bad summer for mosquitoes and ticks. 

IrinaHarr
10 hours ago, ran23 said:

Lunch out:  Denver omelet,  hash browns, sub biscuit for fruit cup(grapes, banana, pineapple)   home to 123.   just a little hash browns, guessing it was the pineapple?   30 min walk, down to 85.

pineapple AND potatoes, spuds raise you BG like a "spoonful of sugar going down" :)

Ahnanimus

111 yesterday for no reason except it was 1.11.

97 today. 

Happy Anniversary @adiantum maybe you were running and skipping in celebration of surviving diabetes 🏅🏆😁

Hooterville
12 hours ago, ran23 said:

Not that 123 is horrendous or anything but hash browns, sub biscuit (I don't know what a sub biscuit is but it sounds like bread or a cookie and it sounds carby), grapes, banana, and pineapple are all suspect.    Berries are the lowest carb fruits.   A good rule of thumb is to avoid tropical fruits/fruits with inedible skin.  Think bananas, pineapple, citrus, mango, papaya, etc. with skin that we do not eat.   While grape skins are edible, grapes spike me and I should avoid them.

63 Saturday.   I'd been reducing Lantus one unit per night for about 5 nights in a row because I'm running low but forgot to reduce Friday night and was low all night.   Got up at 3:00 am and had a mandarin (fruit with skin we don't eat because I wanted to raise my BG) which I hate doing.   I never want to have to "feed" my BG to get it up.  Defeats the purpose of my trying to lose weight.  

78 this morning.  Reduced Lantus 2 units last night to make up for forgetting to reduce Friday night.   I don't recall having to chase Lantus reduction this persistently to keep from being low.   Maybe because I have so much more information now with the Libre.  

Edited by Hooterville

meyery2k

93.  Another rainy morning.  Costume fun.  We are still trying to figure out pants...

I was being gently ribbed about being a "creepy" constable...

Image may contain: Michael Meyer, standing

FunDad62

7 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

It is 5:30 in the morning on January 12 and it is 63 degrees out (17 C) and it is supposed to get up in the 70s today (20 C), normal temperatures for January is in the 20s (-6 C).

It's 81F here right now.  Ridiculous.  My a/c is running.  Can't even open the windows because it's too warm.  In January!!!

Kit

Almost forgot to post. 

93 this morning. 

Is been steadily raining all morning. Glad I got all my running chores done yesterday. 

Snow in the forecast next week. It's so rare for us to get snow or drop below freezing even. 

Edited by Kit

ran23

120 this morning.  I know Chicken Noodle soup is a bit carby.   Tossing in less than 1/4 cup of cooked brown rice last night, was not a good idea. 

(yesterday's lunch?   substitute the biscuit for fruit. )  as I have my lunch glass of red wine. 

adiantum

My Atkins tummy was still distressed 24 hours later so I drank a can of zero coke.

I really dont want to know whats in  that stuff in case it's toxic but it certainly cleans the system.

Diana you might be in for a long hot summer.. Mosquitoes were breeding here throughout Winter.

The only heater I had on was the kerosene heater in the office.It was a warm Winter.

I hope theres not a tree on the set  of "Our Town" for that creepy man in the trench coat to surprise passerby's  : ))))

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 115.

Yesterday it got up to 70 (21 C) and I went for a walk in the park, it was mobbed with people who had the same idea, soak up the sun.