Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Hammer

Lee, that rose picture reminded me of the rose bushes that I put in when I was married.  They were hybrid roses, and the ones that I liked the best were called "fiery orange".  The roses were yellow and reddish orange.  They were really pretty.

fiery-rose-near-pune-maharashtra-india-111701879.thumb.jpg.724f7de7a988406f203d34c0b84ff2d5.jpg

FunDad62

Had a big storm late afternoon yesterday that included about 10 minutes of some hail.  I can't remember the last time I saw hail.

meyery2k

95 today.

A1C of 4.6 at the doctor.  He said I seem to run like a fine tuned engine now.  Let's hope I am not a fussy engine lol...  I am happy to be an old Chevy V-8 that just runs and runs as long as it has oil in it.  Like the V-8 I start up spluttering and running rough but once I get warmed up I seem to run good lol...

@Diana_CT - Hang in there!  Treat today like TGIF anyway.  While Memorial Day is a somber day, it is still a 3 day weekend and while we can reflect on the reason for the holiday, it is still OK to have fun and celebrate life and living.  COVID makes it more difficult but we can still find things we enjoy doing.  I hope, when you get that new bed, things will look up.  I have been meaning to tell you that you might have saved my house.  I have a 20 year old fan that I constantly rewire.  Your story made me get rid of it.  It was all patched up and rattling and far beyond useful life!  We take electricity for granted and forget how destructive it can be when not respected.

adiantum

6 today. What a difference to my mood now I have the new pc mouse, I was not amused yesterday when I couldnt log on.

Winter has called in this morning.. cold & wet at 11C /52F 

That Fiery Orange rose is stunning. We have a flower thats perfume is much greater then the rose but the flower is a real plain jane. 

Boronia megastigma is native to West Australia but native gardeners love it so include it in their gardens.

Theres no need to put the flower to the nose to enjoy its perfume when it spreads its scent throughout the garden.

Boronia megastigma

Boronia megastigma

FunDad62

Another big storm in he middle of he night.  Blew one of my pepper plants so hard it broke in half.  And I'm on a second floor with a screened in porch.

Hammer

I don't know what my wake up reading was since I woke up so many times.  I did get up for about 20 minutes, but ended up going back to bed.  When I finally decided to just get up and stay up, I checked, and I was a 117 (6.5), but I had been awake for some time.

Lee, when I was still working in construction, those cold winter days when you could hear the wind howling, made me brace myself for the day, since I worked outside.  I like the cold, but when you get up, get dressed, and go out into the cold, you aren't quite ready for it (I didn't eat breakfast).  As I drove to work, my body would quickly adjust to the cold, so it didn't bother me.  Now that I am retired, when it's a cold winter day or night, and the wind is howling, I get a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that I don't have to go out in it.😊

meyery2k

92 today.  Great ride yesterday.  Making a roast for my rest day.

Image may contain: ocean, cloud, sky, beach, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

adiantum

I thought  it too wet & windy to go to the park, but the dog tells me he need to go. 

Hmmm I still think a day in PJ's is a better option