Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

janice21475
On 6/3/2020 at 9:52 AM, IrinaHarr said:

garden2020.jpg

Purple perfection! Love your Agapantha.

Diana_CT

I am getting befuddled with all this "social distancing." One day is melting into another but it is slightly different than being retired. However, the senior center was open and I could stop by the photo club there or there were meetings to go to which are now on Zoom which means that I can just throw on a blouse over my nightgown for the meeting. There were class lectures that I gave at local colleges but with classes online now it means just another Zoom meeting.

I had a doctor's appointment last week but it was a "virtual" office visit online. He asked about my weight and I joked that I could tell him that I had lost weight.

I have been going up to the Cape on Saturday to check on the addition. From last Saturday...

20200530_122119.jpg 

20200530_122320.jpg 

Just about the only thing left to do is finish the sheetrock taping, installing the floor, and then cleaning up.

So to kill time I am listening to audio books (they are great for when I am driving up and back to the Cape). Right now I am listening to Robin Hobb's Assassin Apprentice.

meyery2k

93 today.  This is one of the largest feral roosters I have ever come across.  

Image may contain: bird and outdoor

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.

Diana, these tele-health or virtual office visits, do they charge you an office visit fee for them?  If they do charge some type of fee, then, since you saw your doctor via the  internet for a virtual office visit, then hold up a check in front of your camera and say, "here's your virtual fee."😊

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

An 84 (4.67) today.

Diana, these tele-health or virtual office visits, do they charge you an office visit fee for them?  If they do charge some type of fee, then, since you saw your doctor via the  internet for a virtual office visit, then hold up a check in front of your camera and say, "here's your virtual fee."😊

They charge the insurance a lower fee, I haven't gotten my insurance statement this month so I don't know but there was no co-payment fee... yet.

Hammer
8 minutes ago, Diana_CT said:

They charge the insurance a lower fee, I haven't gotten my insurance statement this month so I don't know but there was no co-payment fee... yet.

I figured that they would charge a patient some type of fee, which I feel is wrong.  When I see my doctor, she examines me, weights me, takes my blood pressure, and we discuss my latest blood work.  If she's not able to examine me,  or any of the other things, then I won't agree to a virtual office visit.  I can weigh myself, take my own blood pressure, and go over my own blood work, and see what test results need to be addressed.  My test results are typically all within the normal range, so there's rarely anything to be discussed there.

Anyway, thanks for the information about your virtual office visit, I appreciate it!

Diana_CT
9 minutes ago, Hammer said:

I can weigh myself, take my own blood pressure, and go over my own blood work, and see what test results need to be addressed.  My test results are typically all within the normal range, so there's rarely anything to be discussed there.

Anyway, thanks for the information about your virtual office visit, I appreciate it!

He wanted me to take my own blood pressure, I told him no. He asked why and told him it wasn't calibrated in ten years. He looked at me and I said how often is your calibrated... every 6 months? He looked at his on the wall and laughed, that it is calibrated every 6 months.

adiantum

I suspect the 2nd apple did it.

Diana, the extension looks good.

FunDad62

Remembrance to all those that landed at Normandy 76 years ago on this day.  Heroes all.

(Oh and also the 4 year anniversary of my divorce.  My "D-day".)

Hammer

An 88 (4.89) today.  Diana, this is the blood pressure monitor that I use.  Mine is 8 years old, and I don't see how it could be calibrated, but I took it to my doctor's office last year and checked it against hers, and they both read the same.  The obvious best way to check your blood pressure is with a stethoscope and sphygmomanometer (a blood pressure cuff).  It's easy to do, and it's the most accurate.  I had this setup some years ago, but the rubber tubing on the sphygmomanometer dry rotted, s o I opted for the Panasonic unit.

adiantum

That rubber tubing Hammer mentioned was on my ebay shopping list, but now  I cant find my slingshot .

I used to use it for guerrila gardening but I've even stopped caring for my own  garden the past 2 years.

Slingshots are known here as shanghai's  or catapult in the UK.

A pity theyre illegal as a girl used to have a lot of fun with them mixing seeds in clay or paper pulp  & shooting it across to an abandoned property.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.  Lee, the rubber tubing that I had that dry rotted is different than the tubing you mentioned.  The tubing that you mentioned was surgical tubing.  Surgical tubing can be stretched, the tubing that dry rotted couldn't be stretched.