Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

IrinaHarr

128 today, looking forward to cooler weather and rain tomorrow (we are in the hot and dry area Janice) 🌈

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

Over the weekend theives took a wheel from a car across the road from me. They mustve got disturbed as they left another one with their  jack.

I hope police were able to get good fingerprints from it.

I often hear burnouts from the park & wondered why they do that to their tyres/tires. I guess they dont use their own & just steal someone elses .

Hope everyone is safe from Cristobal.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer
43 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Over the weekend theives took a wheel from a car across the road from me. They mustve got disturbed as they left another one with their  jack.

I hope police were able to get good fingerprints from it.

I often hear burnouts from the park & wondered why they do that to their tyres/tires. I guess they dont use their own & just steal someone elses .

Hope everyone is safe from Cristobal.

Lee, this is why, when I order a new car, I order it with wheel locks to prevent that.  If they don't offer wheel locks, then I just go to the local auto parts store and buy a set.

adiantum

Most residents here have an average of 3 cars per household so inyard parking is essential .

Diana_CT

My reading  was 131 this morning. 

I keep my car in my garage.

There have been surge of cars stolen from town, I just don't understand why people leave their cars unlocked and with the keys in them. It is almost like they are inviting them to steal their car. Especially since the police have warned people about the increase in car thefts in town,  all of them had their keys in them. Are they that lazy that pocketing the keys is too much for them? 

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

122 today, still need to water garden till tonight (rain hopefully) 

Hammer

A 72 (4.0) today.  I can't park either of my cars in the garage.  The SUV won't fit, and the Jetta would fit, but my garage is filled with my garden tractor, the snowblower and hitch attachment for the tractor, my large telescope, my lawn sweeper, and my two 5-gallon fuel containers for my tractor.  Of course, I don't leave my vehicles unlocked with the keys in them, while sitting in my driveway, either.

Diana_CT
3 hours ago, Hammer said:

A 72 (4.0) today.  I can't park either of my cars in the garage.  The SUV won't fit, and the Jetta would fit, but my garage is filled with my garden tractor, the snowblower and hitch attachment for the tractor, my large telescope, my lawn sweeper, and my two 5-gallon fuel containers for my tractor.  Of course, I don't leave my vehicles unlocked with the keys in them, while sitting in my driveway, either.

Except for the telescope and the 5 gallon fuel container (I have 2 five gallon diesel containers instead (that I used for heating oil when I ran out of heating oil))  your garage sounds like my other garage bay.

adiantum

6.8 and green with envy of you with a  garage.

I always lock my car plus the metal gate behind it.

Would the insurance companies pay out to those that leave keys in the ignition?

Hammer
8 hours ago, adiantum said:

I guess it would depend on the condition of the car.  If a thief stole it, then brought it back and left a $20 bill on the windshield under the windshield wiper because he felt sorry for you, the insurance company probably wouldn't cover it.  Or if the trade in value of the car is heavily dependent on how much gas is in the tank at the time of the trade in, the insurance company probably wouldn't cover it.:rofl:

Edited by Hammer

Diana_CT
14 hours ago, adiantum said:

I get a discount for garaging my car.

Today's reading was 139.