Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

IrinaHarr
16 hours ago, adiantum said:

My Atkins tummy was still distressed 24 hours later so I drank a can of zero coke.

I really dont want to know whats in  that stuff in case it's toxic but it certainly cleans the system.

"sugar alchohol" probably, the kind they put in "sugar-free candy" which still has some carbs but mainly causing runs after like 3 small candy. Must be a trap for those of us who eats more than one at a time  :embarassed:

Here is someone providing analysis:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/atkins-low-carb-bars#are-they-healthy

"Additionally, to provide a sweet, decadent taste without adding calories or sugar, the manufacturer adds sugar alcohols and artificial sweeteners.Although most people tolerate small amounts of sugar alcohols like maltitol, consuming foods high in these low-calorie sweeteners — including Atkins bars — may cause digestive issues like diarrhea and gas"

Edited by IrinaHarr

Hooterville

57 on the Libre and confirmed the low at 60 on the meter.  This after reducing Lantus 8 units over the past 8 nights!    So weird.  Think I’ll just go ahead and drop it 5 units tonight. 

Kit

87 here

Its clear at home but north of Seattle got a few inches of snow.  Here at work, looks like we got a light dusting.  Enough to make things look pretty, but not enough to cause any issues.

Edited by Kit

adiantum

Irina, after pigging out on 5 bars, I would qualify for the Olympic team.:rofl:

Diana that park looks lovely. It reminded me of Poets Walk in NYC Central Park....I'd love to visit that park.

I used to live in Sydney CBD & the apartment over looked Hyde Park

https://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/explore/facilities/parks/major-parks/hyde-park

A walk through that park was a wonderful start to ones day.

ran23

118 this morning, groceries, and stuff.   glass of wine and walked in a light rain.  back to 98.  (90/57 p 102).  Too heavy these days, may pass on lunch. 

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

Diana that park looks lovely. It reminded me of Poets Walk in NYC Central Park....I'd love to visit that park.

I used to live in Sydney CBD & the apartment over looked Hyde Park

https://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/explore/facilities/parks/major-parks/hyde-park

A walk through that park was a wonderful start to ones day.

That is because it was designed by the same person, Frederick Olmsted. He designed a number of parks in Connecticut

Hammer

A 102 (5.67) Monday. (it's Tuesday right now, but I got up around 9 pm Monday night, took a reading, ate breakfast, went down and pedaled my exercise bike for an hour, took a shower, put clothes in the washing machine, then turned on the computer, so I'm a bit late for a Monday post.  I'm still chasing after readings in the 70's, but my diabetes is fighting me all the way.  I increase my nightly Lantus dose by one unit, and I get very little result from it.  So far, I have increased my Lantus dose by 20 units, and my numbers are still too high.  I thought it might be the insulin, but I finished up my last pen last week, and started on a new batch of pens that arrived last week, so it's not the insulin.  So, it's either my pancreas isn't producing as much insulin, or my insulin resistance has gone up, or a combination of the two. 

IrinaHarr

128 today, after fasting day with no diabetic pills. 6.7lb down from January 3rd - happy 🤩

Ahnanimus

88 today for no good reason.  Maybe my bg  likes no sugar added ice cream. That would be great, my mouth likes it too😁

Kit

97 here

Got about 1/4" of snow in my area last night, enough to be pretty and make some of the side roads a little slick but that's about it.

meyery2k

87 today.  While we didn't get snow at sea level, we did have a lot of rain over the weekend...

It did, however, snow on the mountains...

2020-01-13-summi-snow.jpg

Diana_CT

I just got home and there is a message on my answering machine from my endo APRN... she got my lab results and to call her in the morning.

The worrying machine is cranked up to overload. Somehow I don't think that it is good news, I will probably be worrying all night and not getting much sleep.

adiantum

Stop worrying Diana, it could be good news & she knows you'd love to hear it  or  she just wants to discuss lowering your meds.

Anyway... theres nothing you can do about it tonight, so sleep well & let the "dream fairy" do her job & allow only nice thoughts be present.

34 minutes ago, Diana_CT said:

I just got home and there is a message on my answering machine from my endo APRN... she got my lab results and to call her in the morning.

The worrying machine is cranked up to overload. Somehow I don't think that it is good news, I will probably be worrying all night and not getting much sleep.

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.

Diana, I agree with Lee...don't worry about something that might not be there.  Heck, your endo might want you to call her soon, because she might need to reschedule your next appointment.  I've had the happen numerous times, not to mention that she sometimes wanted to refill a prescription for me from my mail order pharmacy, but needed to check with me to see if I was still taking the same dose. (my mail order pharmacy has automatic refills, and if there are no more refills on the prescription, they notify my doctor that she needs to write a new prescription in order to keep my refills coming.)