Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

7.1 and the stress has gone.. the car passed the roadworthy certificate inspection. Theyre really thorough on old cars & this one  is 25yr old.

I was worried it wouldnt pass & I'd have to buy a new car. The priority is ....one low enough  for me to lift the fat boy with short legs  in. 

He can get out OK &  really fast when we arrive at the park, but needs to be lifted in & on the seat.

Edited by adiantum

FunDad62

Had a company phone call yesterday and were told it will be at least September before they even think about anyone returning to the office.

Fine with me.  ☺️

adiantum

FunDad, I'm glad your enjoying working from home, its an insight into the life of retirement.

FunDad62

@adiantum - It really is. Just yesterday I was thinking, so what if I were retired and home every day like this?  How would I spend my days?  I've yet to travel outside of my country and got my first passport last year.  I was hoping to have started visiting other countries this year.  Then corona came and got us.

meyery2k

99 today.

Finally the coffee is kicking in.  

Joined up with group after a 25 km warm up ride.  With the group, rode about another 25 km.  It was hot and humid so most of the gang went back.  Simon, a couple other riders, and I went another 15 or 20 km to Pahoa.  Then the other riders were done and headed back.  Simon asked me what I was going to do.  I replied let's go where Simon says (ha ha).  We went down to Kalapana.  On the downhill stretch I managed to top out at 61 km/h.  When we turned around to head out, we discovered why.  We had a great tailwind that turned into a mean headwind as we trudged up 305m (1000') in 5 miles in hot and humid weather.  When we got back home I was close to 100 miles (about 15 to go).  Simon was done and wanted to go home and eat ice cream.  I stopped at Starbucks and guzzled a trenta iced coffee and had some bacon and cheese egg bites for lunch.  The caffeine and energy from the food kicked in and I easily finished out to a little over 100 miles in a little over 7 hours).  My daughter came over later to bake for friends so I threw together some Hispanic inspired chicken thing.

My buddy in Pahoa knows how to stay safe...

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

No photo description available.

adiantum

C orona has Australians exploring  local landscapes & whale watching is giving  greatests thrills.

Mike.... WOW !!!

Hammer, Ive bought a ramp but the incline is steep so he wont use it.

I bought him stairs but the tread is too narrow for the riser.

Edited by adiantum

ran23

last week she bought a cauliflower pizza for our Sunday lunch (sometimes special stuff).   Too bad BG145, it was cauliflower  rice pizza.  took a walk to bring it down to 95.   fun times.