Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

IrinaHarr

129 today, no walk in the morning - garage door spring failed and kept us in the house till service guy came and fixed it.

adiantum

7.1 apparently eating pumpkin doesnt give license to eat lots of chocolate.

I wasnt fond of Hibiscus tea & had to use a lot of sweetener .

I cut a large pumpkin in halves widthways & bake it, then  scoop out the quantities as needed.

Last night it was Pumpkin & Fetta Frittata 

B reakfast will be poached egg on pumpkin

Snack will be sweetened pumpkin with sour cream

meyery2k

98 this morning.   Got an early start and realized I didn't post.  This cyclist has his priorities straight.  We have a newbie on our group.  I had to endure comments about how heavy my bike was, gravel bikes aren't made for the road, so on, and so on.  I rode him into the ground lol...  I rode so hard, he couldn't talk to me.  Silence is golden indeed :)

FunDad62

@Hammer - Oh yes I've had those things but they were made with pumpkin mix out of a can.  Not a real pumpkin.

Isaias is coming.

janice21475
22 hours ago, adiantum said:

Snack will be sweetened pumpkin with sour cream

I put Sour Cream on everything! Have to restrain myself from eating it straight from the container with a spoon. Yum.

Diana_CT
3 hours ago, janice21475 said:

I put Sour Cream on everything! Have to restrain myself from eating it straight from the container with a spoon. Yum.

Why?

I like eating from the container... it is kind of like eating yogurt.

adiantum

This year is the first Ive seen canned pumpkin in our stores. I assume it travelled business class from USA as each can costs $4.50

Years ago I questioned  a former df'er when she said it was "Pumpkin Season" in the USA , so she stocked up on cans. 

She was a gardener yet never grew pumpkin & for it to be a designated season, it must be harvest time.

It was also a former df'er that introduced me to the great pleasures of eating sour cream from the tub.

Each spoonfull reminds me how lucky I am to have been educated as  preveiosly I only used it in savoury dishes.

I was sent this link to a property for sale that grows pumpkin & zuchini ..sadly I'm too old now to work so much land.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-bellimbopinni-133047406

FunDad62

Hurricane Isiais is directly off the beach from me and we barely have a light breeze.  And no rain.

@adiantum - Does the cat come with the house? 😂  That's a beautiful piece of property.  It would take quite a bit of effort to keep it up though.

Diana_CT

147 @ 7:30

I expected that.

It was the three "H's" yesterday, hot, hazy and humid, too hot to even cook outside so I decided to go out for take-out. I was planning on having New England Clam Chowder (They do not use any thickeners, just cream. No flour or corn starch.) for supper but when I went to the seafood place on the pier in town it was mobbed. Instead of standing inline socially distanced apart I called and ordered a small pizza, the high reading was not unexpected.

11 minutes ago, FunDad62 said:

Hurricane Isiais is directly off the beach from me and we barely have a light breeze.  And no rain.

We are hoping for rain here in Southern New England to break the drought. The storms have either been going north or south of us for the last couple of months. My home in Connecticut is suppose to get several inches of rain, I got my fingers crossed.

But here on the Cape Cod we are to get less than a half inch of rain and we need it bad! The cape is a big sandbar that sits on a bubble of fresh water floating on salt water as we pump fresh water out the bubble gets smaller and salt water encroaches the wells. I am only two blocks away from the salt water and that is one of my concerns that my water will turn brackish.

IrinaHarr

154 today, ate very late, got up 5:30am to go for a walk.

You do not have to use canned pumpkin - you can use soft baked pumpkin if you have leftovers, this pumpkin spice cake is very good (do not overbake but rather underbake it so that ir is "sticky" in the center) and it works both with pumpkin spice and carrot cake spice mix. Frosting is awesome, I use it on both - cannot it it often but when I do bake I love every little crumb. Now that library is closed I cannot unload half a cake on librarians, I used to walk in and all the girls drool when they saw me carrying a box 😁

Edited by IrinaHarr

meyery2k
4 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

That is how Douglas was.  It came very close to us but not close enough to do anything except some nuisance flooding here and there.

93 today.

116479543_10213640633369815_1851822391714493326_n.thumb.jpg.1229cfda1d7f5feaed7a64bf21369054.jpg

adiantum

7 *previously * just to prove I can spell lol .

Irina, I'd love a piece or two of that pumpkin cake to go with this coffee.

Great link Diana

FunDad, I'd love to own that property.. I imagined having the old dairy renovated  to live in  while keeping the cottage for guests.

Aparently my brain didnt age as fast as my body.. I cant even do the repairs to this house yet I imagined renovating, farming as well as spending time in a boat on the river fishing. No, that cat would not remain a resident : ))

Diana_CT

137 @ 6:45 AM

Isaias is now set to pass to the west of us here in Connecticut so we will not get any drought busting rain here and on the Cape. We will be on the windy side of the storm with a lot of beach erosion. 

IrinaHarr

124 today, 55F in the morning - unusual for August with its 100s temperatures. Taking full advantage of cool weather, digging new flower bed 🥀