Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

janice21475

Good morning everyone,

Woke up about 6:30 and the light through the blinds was golden. I let the dogs out and checked the sky and it was the most spectacular I have ever seen. Golden and Rose. I expected a BIG storm to follow "Red sky at morning, Sailor take warning, Red sky at night, Sailor delight."  If it rained after I went back to bed I do not know, I fell back to sleep. :)

At a Drs visit the other day They found the source of my weakness. I was severely anemic. I believe the number was 1.2. Sent me the next morning to the hospital for 2 packs of blood. Did you know it took all day for that blood to transfuse! I didn't even take a book with me. I was blessed with a wonderful companion and we were in a little corner, undisturbed. Quite an experience. She was 20 years younger and in stage 4 of 2 types of cancer. A very sweet woman, too. Anyway, I feel alive again. I was certain my heart was failing. Guess I have to pay more attention to nutrition. Hope everyone has a nice day.

meyery2k
49 minutes ago, janice21475 said:

They found the source of my weakness. I was severely anemic.

@janice21475 - I hope you feel better soon.  Nutrition is important but please also follow up with your doctor to see if there is another cause.  

adiantum

7.2 yet not self inflicted & walked heaps.

I'm going to have to get a new camera to share my experiences. Perhaps not everyone would understand  why  I get excited about some things : ))

Yesterday, I found mistletoe growing on a tree just 5ft from the ground & overhanging the walking track.

I quickly looked to my left & right, to be sure there was no-one pursing their lips in reddiness to attack me with a kiss.

Mistletoe is a semi parasitic & uses its host for support & water. A fascinating plant that mimmics its host plant ,so must draw some of its dna with that nutrient. Ive only seen broad leafed mistletoe but this time it had long needle type leaf type structure like its host the Ironwood.

Janice, I hope your feeling better but  please be sure to  find  the cause of the anemia.

meyery2k

Oh yeah, 101 today.

I signed up for a fundraiser bike ride, the Great Cycling Challenge, to fund treatment for children's cancer.  The ride is through September and I pledged 750 miles for the month.  Family and friends helped me raise a little over $1,100 dollars which puts us in the lead for fundraising in the State of Hawaii, earned me a themed jersey (it's all in the accessories baby), and a 2 second post on a Times Square billboard yesterday.  My fundraising team are the real heroes though.  I am just the talented chimp that pushes the pedals lol...

Image may contain: 5 people, including Michael Meyer, outdoorNo photo description available.

adiantum

Congrats Mike on getting on Times Square Billboard.. thats to be a great story to tell your grandkids one day.

Kudos for raisng those $'s for childrens cancer treatment.

Your going to have a serious storage issue for all those jerseys your collecting.

meyery2k
3 hours ago, adiantum said:

Your going to have a serious storage issue for all those jerseys your collecting.

That bell was rung a long time ago lol...  I have more cycling clothing than regular clothing I think :).  Not to mention specialty tools, grease, anti-corrosion compounds.  I also discovered base layers which help wick water off the skin and keep you a bit drier and comfortable.  But, I don't have a problem.

FunDad62

I started a Prednisone steroid pack on Tuesday and boy oh boy is it doing a number on my readings.  Over 200 every time.  I finish it Monday. I feel like just stopping it now.  It's not doing any good but the PA said "Oh go ahead and take it, can't hurt.  And anything else that is bothering you will feel better too!"

I've had something going on in my upper left arm for 5 months.  It doesn't hurt at all unless I reach even a little backwards like scratching my back or stretching when I first wake up and then omg, it hurts like h*** for about 20 seconds.  In my bicep/tricep.  Not in my shoulder.  No one can seem to figure out what it is.  I went to physical therapy 12 times (at $60 a visit), had three theraputic massages ($80 each), been to the doc twice ($30 copay) and it's not one bit better.  Oh and had an x-ray that came back normal that cost me $124 out of pocked.  Next they want me to go see an orthopedic doc.

ran23

95 this morning, worried more about losing weight, instead of watching my numbers. 

Mike, my favorite base layers is Uniqlo Heattech.  Doubt if you want to use Merino Wool. 

adiantum

At 10pm last night from the roof of the  back porch , I heard a cute ring tailed possum screaching as if in danger.

It was still screaching  from up high as it travelled airborne  across 3 properties. It had to have been the victim of an owl.

I love possums but also love owls..this world is full of dangers for a critter.

meyery2k
6 hours ago, ran23 said:

Doubt if you want to use Merino Wool

You sir, are correct...

Diana_CT

On this sunny Saturday morning my reading was 135

The northeast is in a mild drought and so far the storms have gone out to sea or north of us. Here on the Cape I worry about the well and back home the reservoirs are still pretty full. The forecast says thunderstorms this afternoon... hopefully.

My thoughts go to the Gulf Coast, it looks like they are going to get hit with a one two punch. Sixty-five years ago this month we got hit with two back-to-back hurricanes and if you know where to look you can still see the scars today.

FunDad62

Did get an 81 yesterday.  Hopefully the prednisone will ease off with the decreasing daily dosage. 

Hurricane Laura is headed straight for my brother in LA, but he's weathered many storms living there.  Hope it doesn't turn north sooner or I may see it.  Doesn't look like it will though.

adiantum

Yesterday was the coldest day of the year & oh so windy.

Saw a woman Ive known for years walking her dog ,so stopped & asked if she'd like  to go to the dog park with us.

Howard had never been out without a leash before, & I had a great day watching him sniff out every scent that park could offer.

I'll have to take him often after seeing him enjoy such freedom.

Hammer

A 92 (5.11) today.  Fundad, some months ago, I had a slight neck sprain, so the doctor gave me prednisone also.  I knew that steroids will raise your glucose levels, and it did.  My glucose levels skyrocketed, so I increased my insulin dose.  My glucose levels increased even more, so I increased my insulin dose again.  By the 5th day, my glucose levels began to drop, so I had to lower my insulin dose.  By the last day on prednisone, I had lowered my insulin dose down to where it was before I started the prednisone.  Maybe it was just how the prednisone affected me, but it seemed as if my body adjusted to the prednisone, and it began to have little effect on my glucose levels.

FunDad62

Sitting on the porch with the cat, coffee and laptop.  Cloudy and drizzly rain.

@Hammer - Pretty much the same for me.  I only take 2 today and the last one tomorrow.  Hasn't made my arm feel any better but it sure gave me some mental clarity and motivation.  From what I've read it does that.  Not needing as much sleep either waking up more refreshed.  Got several things done in the past few days that I've been putting off.  Lol.