Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

Janice's post  has me addressing my own iron intake . The av daily requirement is about 14mg.. which I dont meet.

I probably struggle to get 4mg.  So, it's back to the drawing board for me.

I've not had blood work done this year & dont intend being enclosed in a health centre while the plague is in the region.

Hammer

Lee, my dentist's office, my doctor's office, my Chiropractor's office, and the hospital, all have safety precautions in place.  Each of these places has someone standing at the front door with a non-contact thermometer to check you to see if you have a fever.  If you don't have a fever, then you are admitted, but they only admit one at a time with no one waiting in their waiting area.  They all require you to wear a mask, and the hospital has the waiting room sectioned off with six foot distancing between seats.  I agree that medical facilities would be the most likely places to have covid patients in there, but the odds of you or me getting it at those places is no greater than our chances of getting it at the food store.  Keep in mind that all of these medical facilities wipe everything down between patients....the food store doesn't.

Edited by Hammer

adiantum

I'm told all health facilities here follow a strict protocol but I'm still not taking chances. 

Every health issue Ive had is from a once in a million chances.

I even retired early thanks to undiagnosed side effects of statins.

Ive not been in a food store in years... I  buy everything online.. the dogs flea & worm treatments just arrived.

Everything gets washed or sprayed before coming into the house.

The only places I go to are the dogs park where theres nothing to touch , & the garage for petrol /kero & I use gloves there.

Ive put iron supplements on the shopping list & will take one Mondays & Thursdays to see if my energy picks up .

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

Today is "Switch Day " for me I am heading home from the Cape today and I will be running earns for the next two weeks. I ordered stuff online and I will be sticking around home for the next couple of weeks while everything gets delivered.

I went to the dentist last week. First thing is that they take your temperature at the door, next you have to clean your hands with sanitizer, and in dental hygienist's room she was dressed with gloves, gown, face mask, and face shield.

Sign of the times. 

FunDad62

I've battled borderline low iron for 20+ years.  When they first noticed it they were convinced I was bleeding internally somewhere so they put me through several procedures;  endoscopy, colonoscopy, etc.  All were normal.  My doctor finally decided it was because I had donated blood so often for so many years that I had depleted my iron stores.  So I stopped for a year or two.  Now I take an OTC iron supplement and all is good.  About to hit the 5 gallon mark since I moved to Florida in '98.  And I agree with Janet.  It's a new world from now on.  Safety checks and sanitizing are the new norm.  Which really is how things should've been all along.

Edited by FunDad62

FunDad62
43 minutes ago, FunDad62 said:

And I agree with Janet.  It's a new world from now on.  Safety checks and sanitizing are the new norm.  Which really is how things should've been all along.

Oops.  I meant I agree with Diana.

adiantum

7.8  I suppose thats with compliments of McDonalds /maccas. Drove through   yesterday for a fillet of fish & white coffee..the dog had chicken nuggets.

I rarely drink milk & payback was heavy congestion this morning.

I'm told food is cooked by those wearing gloves & their temp is taken at the start of each shift.

Payment is click & collect & the server wears gloves.

We are more aware of hygiene since covid & I hope this becomes the new normal.

To view real estate, the agent wears gloves & turns on all light switches.

Potential buyers are using hand sanitiser yet are told not to touch anything. Their names & details are recordered.

Open house inspections are replaced with invitations.

Ran... theres 2 pumpkins here for your wifes pie.

FunDad62

Finally a normal number.  All done with the steroids.  Got a ton of rain the past two days from Marco spin-off.  My brother in New Orleans said we got more here than they did.

@adiantum - I've eaten McDonald's fish sandwich's my entire life.  My dad liked them and ate them every Friday since he was Catholic and you're not supposed to eat meat on Friday's.  That's probably why I started eating them.  Because he did.  It's a rare treat nowadays but I still get one once every month or two. 

Edited by FunDad62

Diana_CT

Speaking of the new normal... Zoom meetings!

How many of you even heard of Zoom six months ago?

Last week 3 Zoom meetings each an hour long and Thursday the two meetings were back to back. In September and October I have 3 classes that I am going to do guest lectures on Zoom. Last night was another hour long Zoom meeting for the Board of Directors of a non-profit that I am on (I have to say that I like the Zoom BoD meeting better than an in-person board meeting. In person they're boring).

P.S. One of them was recorded and is online (No, I will not post the link. I was horrible! I only had 5 hours of sleep that night and drove 4 hours up to the cottage where I did the Zoom meeting.) because it was a legislative committee meeting it has to be a public meeting.

Edited by Diana_CT

ran23

102 today.   I remember a Filet-of-fish and a Quarter Pounder,  for morning's after party's. 

adiantum

I was surprised with the sweetness of the filet of fish & had never noticed that pre D.

Diana you have conquered the new normal in embracing Zoom. Are you sure we cant have that link to admire your new skills ?:D

FunDad, we had fish most days of the week & occasionally lamb.  Being of protestant background it wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt Fridays that we had lamb.  I was about 5yrs old & was pelted with rocks from a boy on my way to sunday school as he chanted 'wowsers,wowsers'.

I asked mother what a wowser was that David kept calling me..she was furious & said not to worry about him as he was nothing but a tyke.

That was two new words I learnt that day but without the meanings. These two religions have ended their  hostilities  but  still havnt accepted all others.........nor atheism . It seems only covid-19 shows no discrimination.

Diana_CT

I tested at 5 AM, it seems like if I take my reading early I have high readings but if I wait until 7 then the readings are in the low 130's.

janice21475
On 8/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, meyery2k said:

@janice21475 - I hope you feel better soon.  Nutrition is important but please also follow up with your doctor to see if there is another cause.  

Turns out the cause of the anemia was the increased dose of medication the Dr gives me for my Blood Disorder (a form of cancer). I have been taking these pills for close to 8 years. She has discontinued meds for a while. I go back again next week for another blood test. There is not enough time between tests for the bruises to go away. Rats!

For those who don't know, I am in the group that is expecting the soon rapture of the church by Jesus. If I suddenly stop posting I will be in Heaven playing a harp. Everyone is welcome to join in the trip. I love you all.

Hammer

A 102 (5.67) today. Too many cashews and no insulin.

Janice, I am sorry to hear of your condition.  I will be sending you positive thoughts and hoping that you aren't going to be seeing St. Peter anytime soon.

adiantum

8.2              I'm up there with yours Diana.

The iron supplements arrived, yet I couldnt open the bottle..I was sure I wasnt that weak.

I took them to the dogs park & cornered an unsuspecting man :D.

He too had difficulty  but pride wouldnt allow him to pass it to his wife to try. Some  minutes later he had success.

Thats the 2nd time a faulty cap had me going top the park for help. They work after the faulty seal gets broken.

Janice, I'm sorry you are having this experience. Be kind to yourself.